Funny Korhnole article

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by John_Harkes_6, Dec 2, 2004.

1. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A26520-2004Dec1.html

Talk about not scoring -- the Redskins are like monks. They have fewer points than every team in the league. Fewer points than the Dolphins without Ricky Williams, fewer points than the 49ers without Terrell Owens. The Redskins have fewer points than Freddy Adu, and he never got in until the 85th minute.

2. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Wow is that ever BAD. He doesn't know that Freddy actually STARTED games, and when he didn't he usually got into the game before the 85th minute.

I am deeply, deeply offended by this article. He's old-maybe he's become senile. He certainly doesn't deserve to write for the Post anymore.

My day was going fine until I read this-now I'm truly upset. It may even cut into my fun on the weekend. The beer I'll have may taste worse considering I had to read this trash.

3. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Good God - please tell you me know that was sarcasm :rolleyes:

4. rocketeer22

rocketeer22 Member+

Apr 11, 2000
    Oakton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think in this case, he is actually using hyperbole and tying it back to his comments about opening day for DC United. It might have been more clever to write that the Redskins have less points than Freddy Adu, and he can't even drive yet.

5. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    It was

6. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, at least he knows enough about the game to realize that the 85th minute is close to the end...

That's probably about all he knows, but that doesn't block his writing, does it?

7. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    The Redskins have at least one or two more points than Tony has hairs in that poor rakeover. Good news is the skins will score a few more, Tony's count can only go down.