fun with stats

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 3rd Degree, Oct 24, 2004.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.3rddegree.net/

I asked Chamo to data mine out some stats in terms of player appearances and the team's record in those game. I took the data Chamo mined out and converted it to points per game. There are a couple surprises. Maybe it's a reach to find meaning here, but if results are all that matters then maybe a great deal of weight should be given to this.

We are looking into working up a final plus minus as well.

2. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buzz - I know you can't fix it this morning, but the website isn't loading when I try ro go to your site.

3. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know. I have been trying to get it fixed.

part of the problem with the database set up we moved to, which give us much more power and flexibility.... also means I have to reply on the programmer to fix code.

Currently there is a server side error that is causing some kind of problem.

I am hopeful it will be fixed soon.
    And I apologize for the site being down or hard to load.

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is working now. Looks like all the Behnke to left back types had a point. Too bad we never saw Reyes at left mid with Behnke behind him. Could have been a revelation. Also backs up an impression I had that Salyer didn't do anything to lose his spot. His upside is also higher than Talley and Talley was then not available for his true role of defensive sub and spot starter at several positions.

The idea to seperate starters out would be a good one.It would be interesting to see if Talley was so high because of his early appearances a defensive sub where perhaps Behke gained his high approval and Stone also, while some of the offensive subs were don on the bottom. Maybe a chart for starters and subs.

5. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK the starts only version is up. I find it even more telling.