Fuller Sucks!

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Cbear5959, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Cbear5959

Cbear5959 New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Rhody
    Why does Nicols even play him, he can not set up Twellman at all, he has no creativity and even on set pieces he seems to disappear. I think its about time, despite what others may think, that Wolde Harris is given another chance at forward. Fuller was able to recieve the ball but then looks like a scared child and ultimately loses it every time. Also, I think Griffiths is a bit inconsistent but provides a much needed spark to the offense. I thought the defense finally looked solid in this one, but this post is not supposed to be about the Fire match but rather about how bad Fuller sucks!

2. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    If by Fuller you mean the revolution, then you are right.

3. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    I also thought that Fuller was pretty ineffective. Also, Harris is probably next up for playing time, as APC looked at least as bad vs LA as Fuller looked last night.

4. rscaramelo

rscaramelo Coach/Hack Defender

May 5, 1999
    MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fuller has some potential. I just think he could use some "seasoning" in the USL/ALeague. He shouldn't be pressed into a starting role. However if the alternative is Wolde or APC as a partner for T'N'T, I'll unfortunately have to take Fuller.

RC

5. goyette82

goyette82 Member

Jan 16, 2000
    Lowell, Ma
    APC played like crap against LA but no where ever close too bad as Fuller has played all season. APC had one really bad game and you want him vanished for the season. He did win the MVP last year for a reason.

6. CTREVS

CTREVS Member

New England Revolution
    Apr 18, 2002
    Hamden
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd hoped that by now players like this wouldn't be making the starting lineup of MLS teams. The top players have vastly improved from earlier seasons but guys like this couldn't cut it in the English 2nd division, depressing....

7. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Fuller plays to hold the ball up with his back to the goal. He was getting hacked and manhandled by C.J. while trying to shield the ball. If the refs allow that kind of crap, then he's not going to be effective, period.

8. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fuller can't play at this level.
    At least APC and Harris have produced in the past.

9. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK buddy, listen up. First of all, why does everyone have to set up TnT?? And why Fuller?? I think people should set up Fuller more than TnT. Obviously Fuller isn't good with his back to goal, and Twellman seems to have no trouble. Switch them. Just because Fuller is taller doesnt mean he has to be the back-to-goal guy.

Second of all, he doesnt "disappear" on set pieces because whoever is taking the kick always look for, guess who, Twellman. And now that Kante is there, Fuller will be the last guy to look for.

Lastly, you dont need creativity in this league, you need to play smart. Fuller has done that, shielding the ball (and getting hacked at the same time), and making "diverting runs" becasue noone looks for him.

Did anyone notice when TnT had a perfect through ball to Fuller @ the 30th minute and decided to take it to the corner? I think TnT needs a smak in the face to wake up and play a team game like he did for the beggining of the year, when he coincedentally scored a lot.

10. ftballer

ftballer New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Boston, Mass
    twellman's been the most effective player throughout the year, like it or not.
    ............and fuller does suck. alot.

11. PiwoProsze

PiwoProsze Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Boulder CO
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fuller definitely sucks and should not even be considered as a starter or even forst off the bench. Wilson who has only played 6 minutes for the Rev has equaled Fuller in scoring. Put Chacon up front with TnT, that at least etter in betting odds and have Wilson or someone else, not Wolde, be first off the bench.

12. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    You do realize that Wilson isn't on the roster, right? In any case, after the game Wilson played for the Revs, I checked out his stats for the Battery. He had 1 goal in 19 games for them. As for APC havin a better chance of scoring, it's not much more of a chance, and his passing in the LA game was awful, and resulted in 1 goal for LA.

13. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    I'd like to see Wolde paired with Twellman next match.

14. CTREVS

CTREVS Member

New England Revolution
    Apr 18, 2002
    Hamden
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Harris would be an interesting idea. He may not have done much lately but he defiantley had more aof a pedigree the does Fuller , that's for sure.