Fulhamerica: the Ream Continues [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Real Corona, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t know anything about the two new guys, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Ream ends up starting alongside one of them. I may be looking through Ream-tinted glasses, though.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    I don't really know anything about Adarabioyo but I wouldn't pencil him into the lineup over Ream, when he's only ever played in the Championship and doesn't appear to have gotten the same recognition at that level that Ream has.

3. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Ream continues to start, they need to pair him with a fast, athletic CB partner. I don’t know which of their CBs that would be.

4. Ninjatom21

Ninjatom21 Member

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 1, 2017
    For sure. As a Fulham fan I think Ream could potentially still be serviceable if Andersen can cover some more ground. Ream hasn't necessarily been terrible overall, but he has 2, maybe 3, missed clearances that have led to goals. Fulham can't afford this.

5. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of the two CBs last game, Ream looked the better of the two. It was really fun overall to watch Ream and Robinson team up along the back line, but I worry that we won't get too much of that going forward, given the money they've spent bringing in central defenders. They did a pretty good job of holding Wolves to 1 goal though.

RLC, if he's fit, is actually a pretty good signing for them.

6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    looks to be 3rd or 4th choice CB now

7. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    ... and so does Tim Ream!

[​IMG]

8. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3883 ChrisSSBB, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    1-1 FT. Fulham grabbed the lead around 75’ but then Mitrovic conceded an unfortunate PK iaround 83’ to tie up 1-1. Just tuned in before Fulham scored and Ream looked composed and ok. Fulham created a number of chanced at end but Mitro kept missing his headers just wide.

9. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    You know I get how the defense gets punished but Mitrovic creates a stupid penalty and then I see Jedi and Ream's kicker ratings both go down .3 and .4 respectively as if they had something to do with that goal being allowed.

10. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just watched the first half, he had some important interventions but he looked like he was barely hanging on. You can tell he has to use every ounce of his limited energy and athleticism to keep up in the EPL.

11. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    algorithms are not as sophisticated as reality....dont put all your trust in numbers.

12. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've just described his entire career in England...but his checks still clear...;)

13. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has Mitrovic outlived his usefulness, so to speak?

14. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Ream is a much better player than big soccer gives him credit for.

15. Ninjatom21

Ninjatom21 Member

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 1, 2017
    His technical ability, yes I would agree. His physical attributes, he's rated fairly. He's a good reader of the game and an above average passer for a CB even at the PL level. He's just slow now at his age.

16. Konut

Konut Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. The only CB we have starting for a higher level club is Brooks. I definitely don’t think they should be the starting pair because some of their shortcomings over lap, but Ream still has a place in our 23 as the backup to Brooks, or as a more defensive stay at home LB option.

neems and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  17. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Fulham hosts Crystal Palace tomorrow/Saturday at 10:00 AM eastern.

I was sorry to read that CB "Joachim Andersen ... sustained damage to his ankle ligaments just days after the Dane signed for the west London side on loan from Lyon," even though that would seem to boost Ream's chances of starting/playing.

Although Ream might disagree, I think his optimum spot would be as the third CB, starting occasionally, perhaps in a 3-CB set (against stronger teams), and subbing in as needed.

https://www.newschain.uk/sport/mens...ive-timescale-joachim-andersen-recovery-42374

18. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Spector's Mom still on duty I see. ;)

19. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang, what’s the return policy?

20. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    And the Ream continues ...

[​IMG]

21. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    "He's your problem to solve, unless he's out for the rest of the season, in which case we'll take him back here to manage his rehab and get him ready for pre-season. That's only fair and reasonable. It's also only fair and reasonable for you to cover the share of his wages that was originally agreed."

22. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    #3897 freisland, Oct 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Game on NBC in the states if anyone is sitting around catching up on paperwork from March... 2005...

(just, for example...)

Fulham having the best of the first 5 minutes, so that's exciting.

However, CP wins minutes 8 and it's 1-0...

Defense on Fulham right is looking terrible, most attack going up Fulham's left.

Cairney looked to be most at fault on the goal but a nice cut/pass from Zaha and decent finish.

23. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Soft goal given up by Fulham. Ream only one to react, although late. It was not his guy. He will probably be accused of giving it up also. They still look more likely to score again.

LouisianaViking07/09 and TimB4Last repped this.
  24. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ream to Robinson to Lookman who knocks one off the post and Mitro puts rebound over. A good chance for Fulham

25. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Most I saw blamed cairney as I think he had Reidwald.

At the other end Fulham hits a post and Mitro is an 1/16 inch too late to the rebound and defender gets half a toe to help it over. He really should have buried that...

Fulham looking decent in attack, esp on left. Not so great defending the counter, esp on Right. CP puts another in the net. but OS...