Fulham vs. Sunderland [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by EstebanGranero23, Apr 3, 2008.

1. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The going has gotten tough, yea??

We need a result against Sunderland, like desperately.

2. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go American. Dempsey, EJ, McB,Boca,Keller.
    Victory or CCC!

3. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    . . . .

4. jpoler1

jpoler1 Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Bedford, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sunderland goal.

Collins just before the half.

0-1 Sunderland.

5. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This manager is worthless. Why isn't Bocanegra and Dempsey starting. Bocanegra is known to score and Dempsey was their best player when they were losing before. Should it be his fault that the whole team around him bites? Welcome to the CCC, hopefully with a new manager.

6. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is the chief complaint on these boards always "why isn'the starting the americans??" . . . the Bocanegra thing may be a mystery, but only because he is phenomenal in the air, and was the club's second leading scorer last year as a result.

Dempsey on the other hand, as much as I love the guy, and given how he is the club's leading scorer as it stands right now, has been a ghost for the second half of the season . . and that's with him starting. You can blame it on lack of service or what have you, but just starting him isn't the answer.

Personally, I think the best idea would be to keep Hodgson on. He got us while we were already in the relegation zone, I don't know how you reasonably expect any coach to dig a team out of that pile of sh*t. He brought in a lot of guys, and they've looked okay, but it's a tough task.

I think he should be kept on, and given a full season to get us back up if we get relegated . . he's a top class coach, regardless of what's happening at Fulham right now.

The season isn't over yet . . and Birmingham and Bolton bit it this morning as well, so it ain't over til it's over.

7. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About 4 games ago, I said that were staying up for sure, as I thought we were going to run over Derby and Sunderland and draw with Newcastle. That didnt happen. However with 2 more wins, and another draw I still think staying up is possible. As sublicon said, it aint over til its over.

8. Pkauffma

Pkauffma Member

Feb 23, 2007
    HI
    EJ and Dempsey should've stayed in MLS, at this point next year I don't think either will know the difference.

Don't rely on Americans for Artillery when it comes to soccer, better to trust us when you get an American Football league going.

9. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well maybe I'm bias, but Dempsey was playing his behind when they were losing, winning balls all over the place. The guys Hodgson brought are no upgrades, he subs way too late and the backline is horrible. Changes lineup all the time and all he gets is guys trying too hard, but with no production. Dempsey and Bocanegra can definitely play in another PL team.

10. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is the crest in your user icon going to switch to that PL team if they do go?

11. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This beer mug will never change...

12. redross70

redross70 New Member

Apr 26, 2007
    Hodgson might have been a good manager several years ago, but today he is just garbage. The line-up he continues to put out there is just awful. I'm sorry but the big Dane/Norwegian or whatever he is has been a total bust. Him and Hughes stink and both were at fault for goals this week. We need to have Dempsey out wide and Boca back in center def role.
    Keller
    Stalteri Boca (pick one of the two rejects) Konchesky
    Davis Murphy Bullard Dempsey
    McBride Kamara or Johnson

If we don't score we won't win, so stop playing a squad full of less likely players that never score.

13. MJ-inBRITAIN

MJ-inBRITAIN Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Nottingham, UK
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yes they will, by at least a couple of digits in their bank account!

14. FC Arizona

FC Arizona Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Fulham 2 Sunderland 1

This is our last stand, and this one is do or die. Hodgson stays on, because we win this one, and claw on to stay up. Or..

15. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *smacks forehead*

please, god, tell me you're joking . . .

16. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lolololololololololololololollol!!!!!!