Fulham vs Sunderland, Nov 17th

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by soccerlexis, Nov 17, 2012.

1. soccerlexis

soccerlexis Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    On Fox Soccer Channel, 10:30am on Sunday. Sunderland will be tough... vital three points at stake for Fulham, otherwise they will start heading south in the league table. Lots of teams barking at their heels. Fulham has got some players out, so it won't be easy, but they will have to rely on Bryan for playmaking and Berba to come through with a goal or two.

COME ON YOU WHITES!!!

2. soccerlexis

soccerlexis Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    So far... not so good. Red card. Hangeland, I remarked last game that he had been a bit too adventurous, he needs to settle down. This will be his opportunity with the next game he'll spend on the bench.

The decision got a lot of criticism but the thing was that the attacking player got pretty stuck under his leg, it was dangerous. Jonjo Shelvey got a red for a very similar tackle a couple of months ago. So the decision needs to be accepted.

Real weak finishing but for some reason the team almost looked better after the red? Except for a 5-10min span early on where the passing was excellent. Not much to be happy about but I like the Karagounos sub, it makes sense and I was thinking the same thing.

Riether has been terrific today, offensively especially before the red card but also made a great defensive cutout. Well done, Sasha. MoM for FFC in the first half.

3. soccerlexis

soccerlexis Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Well, that settles that. Those last two goals by Sunderland, Fulham could've had twelve men on the pitch and not stopped those goals. So goes it.

Desperately need a win next week to stay relevant. No Hangeland, either, won't be easy. What is with the physio for this squad, how come all the players are getting bad hamstrings? Don't they stretch???

4. soccerlexis

soccerlexis Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Dang, where are all the posters? I know there's people in the USA who back Fulham...

Plus, the game was on FSC, live, there's got to have been at least a couple hundred thousand people who watched it, right? Why can't they come on and comment on what they saw. All the herds of fans who mindlessly back LFC or MANU... lemmings.

Well, I know there are some American FFC fans out there, in fact I ran into one in the supermarket a couple weeks ago... guy was wearing an FFC jersey. We just gotta draw them out, create a community here.

But it doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

tomwilhelm repped this.
  5. soccerlexis

soccerlexis Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Funny how they can lose to shite teams like Stoke and Sunderland, then earn a draw against Chelsea. We even did better against MANU in Old Trafford (3-2L) than vs. Sunderland at Craven Cottage (3-1L). Football is a funny game sometimes!!!