Post-match: Fulham V West Ham (9/27/08)

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by jpoler1, Sep 23, 2008.

1. jpoler1

jpoler1 Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Bedford, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should be a good game. West Ham coming off a big win with Zola at the helm. We all know what happened last week with our Cottagers. Hopefully AJ nets his first goal as a Fulham player in the EPL this week.

What are your pre-match starting lineup predictions?

Does Dempsey warrant a start over Gera? Your thoughts FFC fans.

2. square

square Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    .............. Schwarzer ................
    Pantsil ... Hange .. Hughes .. Kallio
    Gera ... Bullard ... Murph ... Davies
    ....... Zamora ........... AJ ...........

Konch makes me nervous ... still ... so I'd like to see Kallio start although i'm not sure Roy will do that.
    I'd also like to see the midfield mixed up a bit, as Murphy gets really careless when he's tired, but he seems to be a permenant fixture in midfield so ...

Dempsey ... I don't know if he deserves a starting spot over Gera but what I've seen from Gera makes me think that Gera is slightly more involved and fits Roy's "system" better then Dempsey. As far as them going toe-to-toe I'd rate Demps over Gera, but Demps plays the way he wants to play and Roy's got a system ... I think we'll see Demps come in as a sub this game though.

3. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game is live on Setanta Xtra at 10:00 AM ET.

4. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont see Demps playing regular football for the rest of the season unitl an injury or somthing crazy happens. Roy doesnt like change.

Its going to be nice seeing Zamora and Pantsil going against the Hammers since the switch.

I say 2-1 Fulham, Bobby and AJ to bag em.

5. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, Roy doesnt fail to raise my blood pressure. I still dont see the logic behind no subs. If he is ever asked in the press, and answers, or if someone knows why he does this, please let me know. :mad:

6. jpoler1

jpoler1 Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Bedford, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMHO, simply inexcusable for not using subs. Dempsey should have been brought on in the 60th, Gera was tired and a sub was needed. I don't understand his logic at all. I appreciate what he has done at Fulham thusfar; however, I but do not agree with this decision making. Something really needs to be done about this, but my fear is that we will go this season without making the necessary subs and we will pay for it dearly.