FSWR Anchor Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Ty_Tanium, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Ty_Tanium

Ty_Tanium New Member

Sep 17, 2003
    Canada
    As a recent subscriber to FSW/Big Soccer, I must say I am rather impressed with the programming - but I am also impressed/not impressed with the Fox Sportsworld Report and its anchors.

I'd like to hear what some of you think - agree or disagree - about the anchors on this show. They're trying but as a former ESPN diehard, there is just no comparison - it's almost like watching local access TV.

Michelle Lissel - ok I've seen the threads on here but really...what's the big deal? She's nothing special and she seems timid on the show. Is it just me or does that Jeremy guy drown her out? She's needs to relax a little and have fun....you can take that anyway you like. B

Jeremy St.Louis - I saw a thread on here where one guy said he had a 'Supercuts' look and I couldn't agree more! This guy needs to find a decent hairdo and stick with it!! I saw some pictures of him on here (Free J1 Thread?) and it's even WORSE there!! Get this guy a stylist fast!! But of all the anchors on this show, he is the slickest - I could see him on ESPN one day...he has the look...the knowledge is coming and that voice!! I'd recognize that voice anywhere I think...very distinctive....too bad his pronunciations are off and he talks so damn fast. If he loses his job at Fox, he could be an auctioneer!! B-

Carlos Machado - Wolfman? Is this a Portuguese thing? Except for the jet black hair and the out of fashion fashion, this guy is the sharpest. When he is with that scottish guy, he outshines them all! It's obvious this guy has grown up with soccer and has played it before. When he's with Jeremy or Michelle though, he looks bored and sounds bored...and what's with banging the desk? I noticed that comment in a thread and now it drives me NUTS!! Stop banging the desk and just read your copy!!! Oh and with that - do these guys write their own material? Because of all of the anchors, Carlos is the worst at stumbling and looking like he's reading off the camera...if you write it, shouldn't you know it? C-

Joe Pascucci - this guy is only on there every now and then and when he is on there he bores the hell out of me. And is it just me or does he seem totally out of place with Michelle? I'm thinking 'father/daughter' when I see the two of them!! Joe is slick though and it is obvious he's been around for a long time - he knows his stuff!! The one thing I need to say though is learn how to pronounce names right!!! Edson Bundle? That's a classic - and as an MLS fan myself, not classic in a good way. C+

Bobby McMahon - I've saved the best for last. I love this guy!! He is the one reason I watch this show and I love his analysis. Of course, I do not always agree but the others have to be impartial, Bobby does not and he cracks me up!! THIS guy knows his stuff and when he's with Carlos, I could watch forever!! I've caught some of his columns and they are just as humorous because I can now hear him saying it. They should have Bobby on every day - if not just for one part of the show. Bobby - YOU'RE A CRACKER!!! A++++

I want to add that going to seven days a week is awesome!! I also like putting Jeremy and Michelle together during the week - they have good chemistry and decent repore on air. But Michelle, watch Jeremy and the way he does the show - he is light, smiling and very conversational...in short, friendly and likeable - you are too but you need to loosen up!!!

Ok these are my random thoughts - agree or disagree - so feel free to respond. I know the people on that show read this so hopefully they'll not be too peeved at us and consider what we're saying!!

2. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    I actually think this is one of its most endearing qualities. And it's only the lighting and set that looks like local access. I think the theme music is great.

Otherwise, I get the impression all of the anchors are working very hard to know something about soccer, they prepare very well (they have good, long highlights to work with), there are interesting segments/graphics, and I actually think they have some good banter/humor in between. Sometimes it's a little awkward...but that's what makes the show unique.

When they do make mistakes(and Carlos does stumble a lot), it's in such a pretty harmless way, that I actually enjoy it.

Bobby McMahon is very good - and I like all the others as well. I guess I just like the way the show is produced.

Believe me, they are significantly better than the current Sportcenter crew (and no one can replace the old achors of Sportscenter - Craig, Dan, and Keith).

I wish MLS wrap would see how they show highlights and tell you about the game, instead of Mark Rogindino trying to rush through highlights with his bad anecdotes and stats he throws in there that are usually 5-10 sec behind the play.

3. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have only got a handful of people working on that show so I cut them a lot of slack because of that.

Jeremy seems like a really nice guy.

I think it was a very stupid move for FSW to ban him from posting here.

Tell him to avoid certain thing. Fine.

Total ban. Stupid.

Michelle is the best dressed female Anchor on television hands down.

She seems to have a good sense of humor & is very endearing.

Carlos has grown on me since I've started watching.
    His interaction with Bobby is great.

Bobby McMahon may be the best Sports Analyst on TV period. I can't think of anyone more enjoyable or more informative than him.

I love FSW Report for the same kind of reasons I love MLS or the USMNT -- these are people who are probably underpaid covering an underappreciated sport with limited resources.

4. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    IMHO.. i think they are all pants.. sans the scot~~
    it's your basic college television show with a bunch of stoners running it.. except these people arent and actually get paid... amazing...

the ONLY thing that is worth watching are the highlights.. wouldnt matter if the tele was on mute or not...

5. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude you're the one named phishy.

6. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    so whats the analogy?? cuz i smoke grass?? IM NOT IN THE FREAKING TELEVISION BUSINESS!!! i certainly couldnt toke up and put on a decent programme... bad analogy mate~

7. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saying you should know about stoners.

Are you English?

If you aren't you are the biggest poseur I've ever seen.

8. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003