FSU Players Abroad [R]

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Dimuha, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of Kings?

Yes it is a very good book. It's relatively short and very readable. I'd say in a week tops, couple days if you read like I do, which is not very fast. Basically the guys take the a look at soccer world wide through the prism of Economics. You might not agree with everything, but it is still interesting.

2. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Voronin scored a pk in Dinamo's 1-1 tie with Amkar.

3. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yea big world news the other day for their bank dilemma.

Spanish press had Villa going to Barca for money and Hleb on loan with one more player can't remember who....

If Barca get Villa they win CL 3 times in a row easy. Only reason they didn't beat Inter is because Ibra is an oaf and doesn't make runs into channels, just waits for the ball and likes to look cool shielding the ball.

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll just take this opportunity to say again that Ibra might be the most overrated football player on the planet. Jose Mourinho again proves that he is a genius, if a dick, by putting a trojan horse in Barca's squad.

They could have spent $50 million less and got Dzeko from Wolfsburg, who would have given them the exact thing they wanted, which was a tall target man to change their shape every once in awhile.

Villa is an absolute stud though. Even though he is not 6 foot 4 or whatever, his finishing ability and knowledge of the game are top notch and would make Barcelona absolutely lethal. It's kind of a shame that Valencia keeps developing such good talent, Villa, Silva, Mata but can't keep their finances in order.

5. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Hahahaha that is so funny!!!

Villa body faints really well in tight quarters, similar to Arshavin in how he can deceive a defender and is able to make the play happen cause he uses his left foot with no problem and just as technical as his right. Only problem with him is I swear he hits the post more than any other player I know. But he's amazing, and Valencia is my favorite team in Spain so I'm sad to hear he's leaving...

6. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Villa with Messi is just too scary. Imagine the space Messi will create for Villa given the amount of attention he draws.

As far as Ibrahimovic goes, the guy is still a great footballer.

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    He's highly overrated. Did nothing for Juve against Liverpool in '05, no important goals for Inter in Europe, laid an egg for Barca right in front of me, truly pathetic performance. Hadn't scored for Sweden in like 3 years before a great goal in Euro's, lol, he's overrated. He's got great skill on the ball but he doesn't produce, end of story

8. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The other scary thing is that he could be partnered with Rooney. If the rumors are true and he goes to Mancheseter I will completely retract by statement about United falling off the pace.

9. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    He's not Drogba or Torres, he's a playmaking striker not a consistent 25-30 goal scorer.

10. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree completely

11. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He won 4 straight Italian titles. 2 of them basically single handily creating all the goals.

Just because you don't watch serie A because it is a "grandpa league" doesn't detract from that.

12. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barca, Inter, Juve, Ajax all thought Ibra was great and valued him highly. Do you think from watching him in only the highest pressure games detracts from what everyone who watches him over the course of a 40-50 game season thinks?

He is playing out position, plain and simple. Take a poacher and put him as a trequarista. That's what Barca is doing to Ibra (but in reverse).

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Great player still can be overrated.

14. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Tracy McGrady scored at will all the time until games were important, then he disappeared. Ibra doesn't play to kill, he plays to have fun. You don't pay someone that kind of money with his mentality, even if he is as talented as he is.

He's really good but not THAT good

15. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I saw him once in person and I was wowed, how much better he was than every single other person on the field. Including Figo and other really good players out there like Maicon.

Then again, it was a game he was highly motivated. That one where he scored against Lazio then went and yelled at the Inter fans.

So I saw him at his peak I guess.

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And what happened when he left? Inter won the title again and are now in the semifinals. I rest my case.

17. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There are a lot of average players who won more than some of the best who have played the game.

Zlatan's overrated and a choker, good but overrated.

18. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Haha that's awesome, yea seeing him the game he's at his best is a different story. I just don't think he's a guy you can rely on unless its just his day.

19. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're case is really ignorant.

Let me point to some facts to correct you on your baseless assumptions.

Last year Inter signed Mancini and Quaresma. Two huge busts not even good enough for Serie A title contenders.

Inter started Nelson Rivas at CB v. Manchester United (he is currently starting for relegated Livorno, dead last in Serie A). This year Champions League veteran Lucio replaced him. Cordoba also played way past his prime last year.

Last year Muntari was the playmaker. Zanetti was out of position in CM. In fact the entire MF was composed of defensive midfielders.

This year Motta and Sneijder were added. Maybe..... a bit better than Muntari. And used to the pressure having played at Barca and Real respectively. (Motta won a champions league......)

Inter last year didn't have a second striker (unless you consider 18 year old Balotelli). This year their second striker is an Argentinian international. Balotelli barely got off the bench in the Champions league this yaer (if included in the squad at all)

And oh yeah, Pandev a free signing..... instead of Mancini or Quaresma. You think that's an upgrade?

Don't compare apples to oranges. This years team was far superior. Would Inter have lost first round with Ibra instead of Eto'o? I doubt it would have made a huge difference.

Maybe it would have. But it was two different teams. This year was built for champions league. Last year wasn't.

20. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Footbal fans are fickle. When Ibra was with Inter everyone was going gaga over him, now he's overrated lol.

21. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you.

I mean, being a great player who is a choker is one thing.

Using Footy's example, you can't take away McGrady at the top of his game those few years. Still was great. Remember that game he had like the 10 point comeback in like 40 seconds or something single handidly?

But to deny he is good is ridiculous.

22. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My case is simple. When Inter had Ibra, they did not have as much success as without him. Simple.

Ibra is worth $20 million, not 80.

He is extremely overrated. People were comparing him as one of the best players in football, when he is nowhere close. He is still a good player, but maybe top 50.

23. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your case is seriously dense. Look at the team. One is Champions league contending team, the other isn't. Nelson Rivas v. Lucio? And you judge based on Ibra? Wesley Sneijder v. Muntari? And you judge based on one player? 11 guys out there dude, you want me to point them out to you?

Why did you ignore my entire post? Because you are dead f ucking wrong? You're case is seriously flawed. Why measure an entire team upgrade based on one player?

BTW

Inter won Serie A by 10 points last year......

This year if they score maximum points in the remaining 2 games, they'll win it by two points, and two less points in Serie A that last year.

They had clinched Serie A last year by this point in the season.

So now that I established that Inter's Champions League team is so different this year, and last years team performed better in Serie A, thanks pretty much to the dude that won the Serie A scoring title.....

Oh by the way, assuming Barca wins the league this year, 2003 will be the last year a team Ibra was on didn't win the domestic title. So go ahead, judge by his teams :rolleyes::rolleyes: 7 straight titles.

24. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Inter make the Champions league with Ibra?

How many champions league finals has Ibra played in?

How many times did Barca make the final with Ibra and without?

25. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude what part do you not get? The entire Inter team is different. CB, LB, CAM, CM, ST. 5 positions were upgraded PLUS Chelsea and Man U were weakened.

How many did Barca make with Iniesta? How many without?

So Ibra is out of position on Barca and isn't a fit.

YOUR LOGIC SAYS THIS:
    Benzema sucks because Real Madrid lost to Lyon. And because he went from Lyon to Real Madrid.

Smooth.