FSC Highlights from DC game

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by joshyroundhere, Jul 2, 2005.

1. joshyroundhere

joshyroundhere New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Chicago
    Hey everybody,

I am watching the Crew-DC game (being the masochist that I am) and they showed a replay of Nana Kuffour's goal against us mid-week. I am sure that MLS wrap will show the highlights of our game, if they can cut to it in the middle of another!

Just wanted those of you who shamefully missed Thiago's goal to know you will be able to see it tonight :) Fox Soccer Channel at 11 PM.

2. Fires Of Fulham

Fires Of Fulham New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Chicago, USA
    I'm watching it too (though out of the corner of my eye). It's not that masochistic to watch two bottom feeders battle each other. This is where the exciting matches sometimes happen. Sometimes.

There has been much worse on recently. I consider this one almost a relief compared to the Crew/Rapids match on ESPN2 a few weeks back. :) Columbus really does suck. I always forget how badly until I see them live. Rimando's a good goalie but not that good. That was a terrible penalty kick!

3. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate my cable company.

4. Fires Of Fulham

Fires Of Fulham New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Chicago, USA
    You just need someone to tape it for you and mail it to you or something.

5. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    MLS Wrap didn't seem to have it, but it was shown briefly during the CSN broadcast of the Fire match. Somebody get that digitized right now!

6. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I would love it if someone could post a link to a downloadable copy as the links on MLSNET don't work on my Mac right now.

Thanks.

7. upupnaway20

upupnaway20 New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I read the thread title I got SO excited cause I thought that someone had found a link to actual highlights. :(

8. emprof

emprof New Member

May 27, 2005
    Chicago
    The half-time show during the Chivas-Fire game showed Thiago's goal. However, it did not show the sequence just prior to his shot. Thus, we did not get the full effect.

9. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Really must suck to be you.

That Thiago goal was just plain BRILLIANT!!!

Anyone who hasn't seen it is missing out.

10. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That goal was a reason the so-called boycott immediately.

11. Unstoppable Fire 13

Unstoppable Fire 13 New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago
    After watching the goal over and over again on tape from the Chivas halftime show, I realized how amazing it is because Rimando should have really saved that ball. He was on the exact side that he kicked it too but I think he was too stupified by what he just saw that his mind didn't register that a shot was coming until way after it came. It's simply amazing that Thiago can melt a goalies brain like that. :p

12. Zivheads

Zivheads New Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Evanston, IL
    I agree completely. I've watched three angles of the goal multiple times, and every time I watch it, I realize how amazing it was. Rimando really should have saved it, but like you said, he looked stupified. He didn't even dive for it, even though he may have not even needed to to save the shot. It was a golazo of the most brilliant kind.

13. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow I guess it is important to type everything you are thinking. :eek:

I meant to say a reason to END the so-called boycott immediately.

14. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    Again I ask - as I've had no response yet -

Does anyone have videotape of this they could send me?

I saw the goal from section 8 and again on the highlights during the goat roast. But I know others have not seen it. I can convert to AVI (and other format) and post for all to see.

If you're willing, PM me and I'll get you my address.

15. Zivheads

Zivheads New Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Evanston, IL
    So I potentially have good news. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm interning in the broadcasting department at MLS this summer. We get video of every game that's played this season (even if it's not on TV, there is a three-camara ENG crew at every game). So, we have the tape of the goal. The internet people don't automatically get tape of ENG games, but can put up highlights if they get them from us or we give the highlights to them. So, I'm going to put together a tape of goals from ENG games from the past two weeks or so, and give them to the internet people to put up on the web. I'm not sure how long it takes them to put the highlights on the web, or even if they will post week-old highlights, but I'm going to give them the tape by the end of the day today, so hopefully the Thiago goal will be on the website very soon.

16. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    Excellent Ziv - Thanks

(pssssst - hey - eveybody else... What devious crap can we request of an insider like an intern at MLS broadcasting? mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha. :D )

17. Zivheads

Zivheads New Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Evanston, IL
    The tape of his goal (along with all the other ENG game goals from the past two weeks) was overnighted to our internet company yesterday. So theyll get it today (Friday), and hopefully have it up on the web today. Though, I dont know how fast they put things up, so if its not up until next week (or at all), dont kill me. However, as of Friday, the MLSnet people have a tape with three angles of the Thiago goal.