Front page of Metrostars.com

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Michael K., Oct 16, 2003.

1. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check out the splash page on www.metrostars.com.

It's actually a really good pic they're using there - those are guys from 101 showing some honest enthusiasm, not some 9 year old who came with her travel team and hastily fingerpainted 'NY Metros' on her cheeks - which is the kind of thing I've grown accustomed to seeing from our 'marketing' folks.

But - and tell me if I'm being nitpicky here - couldn't anyone with a half hour Photoshop tutorial in their background have managed to flip the scarf in the middle of the picture right side up??? Come on....isn't that just basic?

2. Goalkeeps7

Goalkeeps7 Member

Apr 1, 1999

I agree, and was thinking of posting the same thing. That's NYR Metro. See, you come to 1 game, and they're putting you on the front of the website. Just think, if u buy season tickets - you'll take over Clint's job.

Seriously though...how hard could it be to throw some photoshop in there?

3. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    umm...why is that pic there at all? The dude with the upside down scarf is wearing a Newcastle United jersey!

4. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted at 9:04 PM tonight.

How long d'ya think it'll take till someone (read: some intern, tomorrow) gets around to fixing it?

I'll say.....2:31 PM tomorrow. Right after said intern comes back from picking up Guppy's afternoon venti half-caf latte.

5. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed that too. I think it's cool to wair whatever jersey you want to the game, as long as you cheer. It's just a pretty dumb choice for the front page of your team's web site.

6. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Speaking of the website, has anyone else noticed how Mathis is no longer prominently displayed anywhere?

7. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Honestly, this is FickleCentral.

The shot is of 101. Would you rather they prominently feature some of the painted face kids who blow horns we complain about? So the kid has a scarf upside-down. Blame that dude. If they photoshopped it, we'd all know it was fake and laugh at them for editing it as they put the original up for all to see after last Saturday's game. So do they show the original and get blamed for being lazy, or airbursh it and get blamed for being fake?

Okay, so the scarf is upside down. A day after our first cup final, our first loss in a cup final, I'm not too whigged out over the scarf orientation.

8. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody is prominently displayed anymore. The picture on the banner changes every week. (Or every time there is a new match coming up)

I wouldn't read to much into it.

9. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

You need to chill. Take the chip off your shoulder and just take a breather.

10. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    the pic would look better if they just cropped the moron out....

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    wow..... I keep getting more infamous by the day.....

I think it's pretty cool that the Metros are showing their fan support instead of just pumping the players. I apologize about not having a Metro jersey. :( I give the team permission to photoshop my jersey to last years away kit....