From the horses mouth (R. Suarez rumor)

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Mr. Oz, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Mr. Oz

Mr. Oz New Member

Aug 29, 2001
    California
    Just listened to a radio interview Suarez had after the US Open Cup game with a local (LA) spanish radio sports show.

He actually said he wanted to play in Guatemala, that talks were under way. He said something about his agent, I believe, looking into playing for Lazio (? One of the big Italy clubs), but that he would prefer playing in a league which has a fast pace, but if an Italian club came calling, he would be honored to play there. Said he would enjoy playing in Mexico also. It was a pretty good interview.

Any new info on this? The guy may be a Burn player, but he is also a future US Nat.

2. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the first I've heard about Ryan and Italy or Mexico.

There's been talk for a while re Suarez and Guatemala, but so far that's all it seems to be.

A lot of the young Burn players have trained and/or played on loan with foreign teams in past off-seasons, and Suarez/Guatemala would seem like a good fit.

3. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    3rd degree mentioned that he had been talking to Municipal of Guatemala as an off-season loan. They were just talking at this point, nothing had been finalized. He also has been kicking around the idea of training with the National team of Uruguay during the off-season as they will be tuning for a tournament.

Suarez would benefit greatly from playing in either Italy or Mexico. Unfortunately for Dallas, the day he steps on a Mexican or European pitch may very well be the last day he plays for the Dallas Burn. He has all the physical attributes and skills to be successful at any level.

La locura rojinegra

4. Mr. Oz

Mr. Oz New Member

Aug 29, 2001
    California
    All that's left is the fat paycheck.

He also said that when he was 15, he trained with Manchester (he just said Manchester). He said he really enjoyed the pace of the game, which is why he would prefer to play in a league with a fast pace.

He has a spot on the US roster, there is no need for him to take a spot on the Uruguay NT. Bruce needs to cap this guy.

5. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    he should really consider playing in italy... he doesn't have the sprinting speed to play at a 'quick-change-of-pace' style. he has great top speed, but lacks the ability to turn-and-sprint like most 'fast-pace' leagues...

... then again, if he commits to a strictly-defensive-stay-at-home style for the burn; i'd like him 2 stay. morrow is 'getting-along' and i'm thinking broome will not stay at back (at least not with the burn). we need him to be that 'star-stay-at-home defender' for mls AND the national squad.