Frisco Stadium 3-D View Is Up And Running

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by j.r.'s mom, Dec 2, 2004.

1. mudpoet

mudpoet Member

May 16, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure what the Cotton Bowl's slope is, but the official slope of ULHOWA is 17.5 degrees.

2. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    It's probably easier underground, since you don't need to actually build a larger support structure to hold up the stepper stands and facilities, that will be higher off the ground.

I have had two major criticisms with MLS stadiums. The first has been that the seats are too far from the field, we need to make it as intimate as possible, tightly packed right on top of the action. Secondly, the stands are to shallow. The experience becomes a lot better if those two issues are solved IMO.

3. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Not for nothing but those Club seats look awesome. They remind me of the new right field roof seats at Fenway.

4. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I think I remember them saying that the slope was not quite as steep as the Cotton Bowl. That is something I sure would've like to have seen. Roof would've been nice but I don't really care. Never had one at the CB & it never bothered me. Proximity to the field is a big deal for me & although not quite perfect it is going to be pretty good.

The viewer although a great toy that will keep me satisfied for a while does not quite do justice to the views. Your eyes just see things differently in real life (like a wider angle). Maybe someone can figure out how to stitch images together.

Overall it's looking like the stadium will be pretty cool but not perfect. Either way I can't wait for the first game.

Don't think they'll have FC Dallas spelt out in the seats due to sharing the stadium with the schools.

5. GoldFinger

GoldFinger New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    We're in 108 as well. Let's hear it for the West Side Inferno!

6. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    I like the stadium.
    Hopefully I'll be there when it opens.

7. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    All right! The Inferno library side contingent continues to grow. :)

8. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    I guess people are never satisfied. Although this stadium is less than ideal, what do you expect when the prices remain fairly reasonable? HSG is a business and not a charity.

9. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really. At $9 per ticket for the flexi-pass, what is there to complain about?

I think the seats will be just fine and by our second home game Game 2 (in June probably :D ) I bet everyone will be pleased as punch with our seats.

10. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went ahead and bought season tickets for this year and I am sitting in Section 116, Row 1, Seat 1. We are going to be close enough to talk major shite to the other teams GK and their corner takers. I think we are going to be close to the field and will be higher up than at Sucklake. I couldn't be happier with the way the stadium looks.

11. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    People will complain about anything. $9! :eek: Damnnnnn! Youse got a stadium, MAJOR league soccer team, and only paying $9! for a flexi-pass ticket and ya still complain?!?!? I have to pay $15 for the cheap seats in minor league hockey in the Valley.

If youse guys don't want the stadium, I know some futbol fanaticos in the valley who will gladly rent a house mover to get it over here in the Valley. ;)

El Chapulin Colorado

12. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
  13. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not too shabby. I think I may be buying a 6 game package.

14. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It shows that that it takes at least 100 millions dollars to build a decent stadium in Europe at the moment with at least 25K capacity. I do long for something fancy the way Swanea City and Bright & Hove Albion will build. Considering the stature of these clubs in England and what they are spending, it shows the FS&E to be on par with third division teams.

15. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    You can't compare Frisco to those NFL types of stadiums in Europe and who knows if it will ever be compariable. Reality is soccer will never come close to the football draw in Texas. I do think the fan base though can be just as loyal and enthusiastic.

16. DirtyDTown

DirtyDTown New Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dallas
    I know I'm late but........daaaaaaammmmmnnn!!!!........I mean it's quite different from the original drawings, but........daaaaaaaaamnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!

I'm getting that feeling I used to get as a kid around Dec. You know Christmas is around the corner and I can't wait.

BTW I'll be reppin sec 125. Fa Sho'

17. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool.

It looks like a critical mass of die-hards may be developing in Sect 108, Sect 125, and, of course, Sect 116 & 117

18. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    fixed your post :D

19. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In moments of boredom I find myself drifting back to the 3D stadium webpage and virtually sitting in my seat and watching the show. Then I check out the club and suites etc etc.
    BTW they better have a bar and some TVs in the club or I am going to be pissed.
    Back to work. <sigh>
    What is the over/under on the first game? I say Memorial Day.

20. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I'll take that bet! Put me down for $20! No way this stadium is open before June.........and June is starting to look optimistic.

21. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    That would depend on what year you are talking about. ;)

22. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    Chris Clarke, my account guy at FCD96, says they're still on schedule for a spring opening. I reminded him that spring goes until June 21st!

23. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  24. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
    3rddegree, or anyone else who might know-
    Is Dallas anywhere closer to getting a deal for naming rights? We in Columbus have heard the the "we're still negotiating" spiel for years from the Hunts, and now it seems like it's been a long time and still no news regarding a naming rights deal. Maybe the Hunts just aren't very good at these things, and AEG is. They got a nice deal for the Galaxy's stadium and reportedly are very close to signing with a bank to sponsor the stadium in Bridgeview.

25. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, but I am in the beginning stages of a article on the stadium and progress blah blah.... I will ask about that too.