"Friendly" Waqer: MLS vs USL / MLS vs Mexican Clubs

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by gringolimon, Jul 8, 2009.

1. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    very well then,in that case my mistake,when im wrong i have no problem admiting it,apologies,see ya.

2. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Update:

In the CCL, Toluca won 3-1 against D.C. United and Cruz Azul won 5-0 against Columbus Crew.

MLS 8-1-5 .607

MFL 7-3-3 .654

Looks like I'll be eating my words. Toluca and CA really did a number on the MLS teams.

3. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Again, i'm lost here, where is the .654 coming from? CCL or a combination of CCL and SuperLiga?

4. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Combo.

5. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    5 - 0 ;)

6. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

I see.

7. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Yeah, you'll be eating your words. We all told you that from the start. Did you listen? No.

And before you start with your usual... I feel sorry for your wife. Really do.

8. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Update:

In the CCL, Pachuca won 2-0 against Houston.

MLS 8-1-5 .607

MFL 8-3-3 .679

9. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    In the CCL, Cruz Azul won 2-0 against Crew.

MLS 8-1-5 .607

MFL 9-3-3 .700

10. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    2 - 0 give it a rest already carnal,national teams are not the same as leagues,ask england.

11. silverlion

silverlion Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why was a thread like this even started? MLS cannot compete with any league in the Americas, that's fact. 18-man rosters, $2.5 salary cap, funny schedule, etc. Before MLS can compete a lot of the absurd restrictions need to be lifted. MLS even has restrictions on youth players that a team can sign per season, two, imagine Chivas under those conditions.

How much do Mexican teams pay their players anywas, I know its good money but I've never actually seen any data on it.

BTW I think we there should be "FMF vs Brazil/ FMF vs Argentina" thread in Sudamericana and Copa Libertadores instead, that's a more level playing field.

12. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Have you not been following the champions league at all? Those comments are basically directed at the 2008-2009 season where USL teams completely humiliated the MLS in every way possible.

They eliminated Toronto from the tournament during qualifying and then eliminated the teams which had eliminated other MLS clubs (Tauro and Joe Public eliminated Chivas USA and New England respectively - these teams were knocked out in the group stage because the top 2 in their groups were USL and Mexican clubs). To top it off, both USL clubs reached the quarterfinals and one made it to the semifinals - these were the only 2 USL clubs in the entire tournament. MLS had 5 clubs in the tournament (if you count Toronto) and 3 of them didn't win a single match, only 1 of them advanced to the quarterfinals, and 0 of them reached the semifinals.

This was all the comment was about "beat USL before you try to beat MFL".

Especially since MFL had 4 teams in the tournament, all of them advanced to the quarterfinals, 3 of them to the semifinals (possibly only because 2 played each other in the quarters), 2 to the final, and obviously won the whole thing.

So based on the last tournament it was quite clear that MFL was the #1 league, USL was #2, and then the rest was up for debate. I think Honduras was ranked #3, which is why they got another spot for this year's tournament.

13. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    In the CCL, Pachuca won 1-0 against Houston.

MLS 8-1-5 .607

MFL 10-3-3 .719

14. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Is this as painful for you to update as it is for me to know that you are still doing it?

You know when playing chess and one player has his/her queen, king, 2 rooks, a knight a bishop and a bunch of pawns, and the other player has like 3 pawns and his/her king? Yet he/she still plays? Sometimes the honorable thing to do is take that king and lay it on its side.

I don't know what kind of fuzzy math or selective stat picking technique you are using, MLS teams have 6 loses in CCL alone thus far... are you going to say that you are only counting loses against FMF? But wins against USL do count for MLS? Statistically that analysis is retarded... .716 to .607 does not show the gap between these 2 leagues... MLS has lost EVERY freaking game against FMF this tourney (home, away, second stringers, 18 year olds, whatever)... the other fingerfuk tournament was won by Tigres' kids...

just stick to the NADS they are doing well, league play difference is still abismal.

peace

/p

15. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The pain is all on your end my friend. I sympathize. As for the updates, I like to finish what I started even if the outcome is not to my liking. Besides, I would consider it a lame cope out if I decided to spot updating just because it wasn't going in my favor. Not my style.

16. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know what's retarded? People who don't RTFT.

17. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Metrochile:

Thanks for the neg rep... I gave you some positive rep to ease whatever discomfort my post might have caused and to brighten your life.

Not sure why I was neg repped, you had no comments. But no worries, on with this circus.

peace

/p

18. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hey gringolimon mls keeps losing to fmf teams yet i see that you dont add those loses to the mls record,i still dont understand this misterious thread of yours,how you come up with mls numbers ?

this is as misterious to me as the concacaf way to give spots to CCL.

do you care to show me your methods.

;)

19. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This thread is a comparison of MLS clubs' records against USL vs. FMF club's records against MLS. In other words, if an MLS club loses to a FMF club (or vice versa) then the FMF record will be updated respectively, which I have been doing. The MLS record will only be updated whenever they play against USL clubs.

There was another thread, which I was comparing MLS and FMF performance in this year's SuperLiga and CCL, but IASocFan decided to close the thread due to (among other reasons) trolling posts. I'm still keeping stats on that though and at the end of the CCL, I'll post a thread showing both league's winning percentage in this year's SuperLiga and 2009/2010 CCL. For those who don't take SuperLiga seriously, I'll also show both league's winning percentage in just the CCL.

20. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fair enough, you will update later...

So if you roll 1 (one) white dice against 2 (two) red dice and record the points, and whoever has more points gets a win... then you take those same 2 (two) red dice and roll them against 4 (four) blue dice and record points and wins as stated before....except when the red dice lose or win against the blue dice you don't record anything for the red dice (you have to for blue otherwise we would have no data for blue)...

what exactly is comparing the number of wins/loses of these 2 independent experiments telling you? what is the significance? What conclusion can you draw from these experiments?

You do realize that you are heavily misguiding (positively) the stats for the red dice, since very likely they will lose to the blue dice and win vs the single white dice?

/p

Disclaimer: Any resemblance between dice colors and any league is purely coincidental and was not the intention of the poster or Bigsoccer.

21. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    This has gotta go down as the dumbest thread in the history of this forum. First of all, he's including last CCL's KO rounds with the current CCL. They're 2 different competitions, you shouldn't mix them.

2nd, he's including that farce of a tourney known as SuperLiga. He's crediting MML wins in there, even though the Mex teams don't have a chance to even it out with any matches at home. Ridiculous.

Also, in the KO rounds, not all wins are equal. A team can win 1-0 at home, then lose 10-0 on the road, losing the series. But the OP would classify it as 1 win each. Retarded.

If you so desperately need to see these stats, then just do them within the same CCL cycle. So for the 2009 CCL, you would include the 2007 USOC, then results from the 08-09 CCL. And count KO round series as a single game.

22. Bujias

Bujias Member

May 4, 2007
    Mexico, GDL.
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

So this proves only proves the gap between MLS and FMF is bigger than the gap the MLS has with the USL right?

23. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Something like that. Some people have expressed that MLS clubs first need to prove their dominance against USL in order to even been considered at the same level as FMF clubs. IMO, in order for MLS to prove that, they at least have to have a better winning percentage against USL than FMF has against MLS teams. So as of right now, it's not looking too good for MLS right now.

24. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    it never has

25. iHaveAnOrangeItch

iHaveAnOrangeItch New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    I don't know why USL-1 is in the equation.

Last year was a fluke, consistently only the Islanders will play in the group stages represting the USL.