"Friendly" Waqer: MLS vs USL / MLS vs Mexican Clubs

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by gringolimon, Jul 8, 2009.

1. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Yeah I do realize that but for those who constantly post and post about this, I hope they accept the results and don't mention it again.

What's up with the name calling. Just because I'm not pro mexican all the way, I have to be pro american. I'm not either. Hellz yeah Mexico should worry about their qualification games on the road but since they only have 2 roads games left in the last 5 games, they shouldn't have to worry about it . . . they just need to win out their homes games which should be easy. USA on the other hand is gonna have a bumpy ride. It's a great thing they dominate the first half but the second half is either gonna make them or break them and have them fighting for 3rd and 4th.

Stop being un terco pendejo cabrita and lets having a reasonable conversation with out the name calling and let's leave the past situations and anger out of this post.

NOTE: You know, no matter how many times I say this, I know people are gonna still be posting about unnecessary things and living in the past. If you wanna reminisce and be all nostalgic, go to another thread or something. This is about now.

2. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    w-l-t

3. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    lime=FAIL.

Give it up and close these threads. Go listen to some Jacko CDs or somethin.

4. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Really do.

5. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    I'm sorry but this is why you are looking so bad bro. You think anyone cares about these "results"? Some crappy bet that makes zero sense and isn't even remotely fair? Not to mention I never get what MFL results vs MLS teams have to do with it.

Nope because:

1) you make no sense
    2) you are trying to act intellectual but there is nothing intellectual about your argument
    3) You accuse everyone else of being biased when you are the one trying to come up with any hair brained stat to prove MLS can hang with MFL.

Now you are the one calling names asking me to have a reasonable conversation and to not call names... after you call me names.

Grate reasonable way you have of inciting constructive conversation... call me names then ask not be called names...

But okay I will give it a shot... i'll tell you what... make a reasonable argument and I'll give you a reasonable response.

Lets start with this little wager you have... which you claim was with many posters but really it was just with one and he didn't even know what you were trying to bet...

So your claim is that some MFL fan said something to the degree of "MLS needs to beat USL teams before they start trying to be our equals." (It should be noted that this came after 2 of 2 USL teams reached the knockout rounds of the CCL while only 1 of 4 MLS teams did so). So now you are taking every result between MLS and USL to try to show MLS > than USL... thus MLS has beaten USL and thus deserves to be considered MFLs equal...

Now I would just ask you if you consider MLS = MFL? If you do please validate it with meaningful stats, if not... What does proving MLS>USL get you?

See the problem is that you are trying to define NOW to your convenience. Not that it matters since this question is fairly irrelevant.

6. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I am not talking about the threads...

I'm talking about you trying to say that:

MLS ~ FMF

and try to use data from
    MLS>USL

Let me save you some work. Fine, I agree MLS is >> USL, drop that.

Now work on MLS~FMF... what data do you have for this?

In simple number terms you are trying to compare 5 with 10 by saying that since 5>2 then it must be close to 10, when in reality, no, it's still really closer to 2.

/p

7. dejansavicevic10

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    MLS is slightly better than the USL, just by a smidge. However, MLS teams with few exceptions will get thier asses handed to them by the Mexican teams. The Mexican teams have way too much skill, period.

8. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Update:

In the US Open Cup, D.C. United defeated USL team Rochester Rhinos 2-1.

MLS 7-0-4 .636

MFL 4-3-3 .550

9. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Update:

In the CCL, Toronto FC lost at home 0-1 to Puerto Rico Islanders and then tied 1-1 to them in regulation.

MLS 7-1-5 .577

MFL 4-3-3 .550

10. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Oh that's it, he's proven it. Mickeymouse league> MFL. Forever. We lose.

Mods, this oddball has two threads going saying the same nonsense that no one's paying attention to. For the sake of bandwidth, remove them or combine them.

(waits for lime's "really do" response)

11. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    realmente lo siento

12. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Update:

In the SuperLiga, Tigres won 1-1 (4-3 PKs) against Chicago Fire.

MLS 7-1-5 .577

MFL 5-3-3 .591

13. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Update:

In the CCL, Columbus Crew won 2-0 against USL Puerto Rican Islanders.

MLS 8-1-5 .607

MFL 5-3-3 .591

14. iHaveAnOrangeItch

iHaveAnOrangeItch New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Shouldn't this thread be renamed MLS vs PRI/MLS vs FMF, since the only USL-1 team that will make it to at least the preliminary round of the CCL will be the Islanders?

15. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Where are you getting this from?

16. Semi-Crazed

Semi-Crazed Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The point of this thread is illogical. The other one he made I don't mind.

17. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Mexican clubs record against MLS in 2009.

Yes, it is illogical but a couple of heads a while back said that MLS needed to first prove they are better than USL in order to be considered as a legitimate opponent to MFL. This is the main reason for this thread so that if a ridiculous statement like that was ever made, there would be some type of reference.

As far as the other thread, IASocFan decided to close the thread due to, (among other reasons) trolling posts. I'm still keeping stats and at the end of the CCL, I'll post a thread showing both league's winning percentage in this year's SuperLiga and 2009/2010 CCL. For those who don't take SuperLiga seriously, I'll also show both league's winning percentage in just the CCL.

18. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Sigh, let me guess, you're using SuperLiga results in the mix? :rolleyes:

Unsubs...

19. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    MlS were using their B squad too. Damn, you are starting to whine like the Argentinians. :D

Like I said before, this thread had stats based on both league's winning percentage in just the CCL.

20. xbryanv320

xbryanv320 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    Gabon
    i will go with the mexican teams and their paraguayan,argentinan players.

21. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :rolleyes:

yeah or the mls teams and their all american teams oh wait a minute mls also have foreigners,hahahah,lame attack to the mexican league, mls is inferior get over it and stop this sarcastic attacks they are lame.

22. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, you're seeing shit that's not even there. That wasn't a sarcastic attack. He's on your side because he clearly stated he thinks the Mexican clubs are better because of the talent they have. Look at the clubs that guy supports. He supports Honduras, not the USA. He's not even an MLS fan. At least not enough of one to have a MLS club in his top three. And you call us spazzos.

23. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    well its difficult to identify non sarcastic posts specialy when many people uses that "mexican league its only good thanks to foreigners if you take out the foreigners of the mexican league the teams are shit" crap´when lame people have no arguments to attack us they usualy use that one,so i maybe wrong attacking him but i doubt im wrong,his post goes directly the same way that lame attck the others use, so i doubt im wrong.

24. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You're wrong attacking him because he did not say what you just stated above. :) ;)

25. xbryanv320

xbryanv320 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    Gabon
    correct!
    also sometimes i watch mls games.