Friendly: Italy - Ivory Coast (August 10th, 2010) [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Henchag, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    You play 38 games and botched offsides traps in one game by a player "single-handedly" costs you the scudetto?

2. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Samp went into Champions League, a loss to Sampdoria can happen. Cassano was the leagues leading assister and Pazzini was in rare form too. It's a completely different thing that botching an offside trap, twice, against Livorno. The league is won defeating teams like Livorno and Siena, then you can drop a few points against certain of the top teams. However you don't lose to the bottom feeders.

3. TFC17

TFC17 Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Disgusting defending.

4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You are certainly entitled to disagree, but the way I see it had Cassetti played against Livorno then Roma would be champions of Italy right now.

5. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    See what happens when you don't take your chances. Poor defending. Looked like Bonucci on the missed header.

6. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I didn't say he single handedly cost Roma the scudetto, but you'll waste a lot of time looking for another Roma player who played as poorly last season.

7. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Was it also Motta's fault we blew a 1-0 lead to Samp in a match that basically decided the scudetto race? If that's the case, who are we gonna blame for the other losses Roma had earlier in the season to "weaker" opponents? If you wanna pin that 1 loss on his blunders then so be it. But to blame the entire scudetto slipping out of our hands solely on him and that one bad game is grossly exaggerated.

8. legdonor

legdonor Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Firenze
    ugh, i don't like borrielo

9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    That's a drastically different statement.

10. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I know it's a friendly, but leave Balotelli on. He was the most dangerous player. C'mon Prandelli.

11. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Considering the stakes that were on the line, that's still no excuse to have lost that match the way we did. Going into that match the players knew damn well just how important it was, yet they still failed to deliver when it mattered most. I refuse to look for an individual scapegoat for us not winning the scudetto last season.

12. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    No point in pushing the kid too hard in an insignificant match such as this one. I don't think Prandelli wants any of these guys to needlessly get injured before the season kicks off.

13. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    damn we've been unlucky in this game, we should have at least 1 or 2 goals! :(

14. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who was at fault for the goal, Bonucci?

15. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Then why have a friendly at all if it's completely meaningless?

16. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Bad defending allowing the I.C. player to cross and it appeared to be Bonucci who missed a header around the box. I'm not certain though.

17. legdonor

legdonor Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Firenze
    kalou just burned someone back there.

18. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he needs to give others a chance too.

19. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Quagliarella had a chance.

20. TFC17

TFC17 Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Motta needs to be subbed off, he's a liability at the back right now.

21. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Quags on for Balotelli. Seems odd as he seems to be doing more up top. How does Amauri and Cassano look? Their contributions seem minimal according to the gamecast.

22. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    that should of been a goal Quags, shake off the rust

23. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Everyone loses from time to time. The worlds greatest defenders in their prime get burned on counter attacks some time. The way I see it those things can happen and should be forgiven. Had Motta been burned on a counter I would have no ill will towards him. However the simple things, the elementary things, those things you can not mistake. To me the offside trap as a concept and in it's execution is not something that a professional player should be getting wrong.

It's not that he made a mistake, it's what the mistake was. He should be a winger, because he is not a defender.

24. TFC17

TFC17 Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Borriello is a waste of space.. at least Amauri puts pressure on defenders when he doesnt have the ball..

25. legdonor

legdonor Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Firenze
    ivory coast just holding possesion now.