Friendly: Italy - Ivory Coast (August 10th, 2010) [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Henchag, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    no goals that 1st half but I liked what I saw, much better than the garbage in SA. We controlled the ball, went forward, were creative and dangerous. The back will need some work but we're looking good so far.... in bocca al lupooooooooooooo!

2. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Motta and especially Bonucci the weak links so far.

3. Age of Azzurri

Age of Azzurri New Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yes! And by the looks of it De Rossi is our deep lying playmaker. Hes making long balls and being a bit more creative than Ive seen.

4. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yeah, I even saw him track back and make a tackle!

5. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Players like Motta and Bonucci need to be thrown into games like this if they are ever going to be starters for Italy come 2012 or 2014. Same goes for others; hopefully, guys like Santon, Ranocchia, De Silvestri, etc. can also get some similar experience over the next coming months/years.

6. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Curious to see the changes

7. TFC17

TFC17 Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Solid first half, could have been better at the back, and perhaps should have had a goal off one of those close free kicks.. but I liked what I saw for a team playing together for the first time.

8. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I like what I've seen from Maggio, don't understand why Motta got called up. He single handedly cost Roma the title last season.

9. Canadian Azzurri

Nov 14, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Obviously lots to be done in the future, but in general it's been promising so far. Motta makes too many mistakes defensively and Molinaro just isn't good enough, but Chiellini seems back to his best, and Bonucci has looked composed playing the ball out of the back. De Rossi attempts too many stupid passes still.

The composition of the front four still needs some work, naturally; defensively there's some trouble, but that's to be expected. However, there are actual ideas when playing on the counter and around the box, good to see. Also good to see Balotelli far elss 'pouty' than he is at Inter, he's tracked back really well on two separate occasions at least.

10. sss112

sss112 Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Ulaanbaatar
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Totally on this with you. Not enough off the ball movement there. I still can't understand the inclusion of Molinaro. Would like to see these changes early in 2nd half - Cassani-> Motta, Antonini-> Molinaro, Borriello-> Amauri, Rossi-> Cassano, Marchisio-> De Rossi, Monto-> Palombo.

11. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I really hope Balotelli gets a goal, I think once he does the flood gates will open.

12. legdonor

legdonor Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Firenze
    DDR, how did Motta cost Roma the scudetto?

13. Canadian Azzurri

Nov 14, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let's not get hyperbolic, we could have done away with Sampdoria being 1-0 up and the title would be ours.

14. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    That statement caught my curiosity as well. I'm hard pressed to figure out how a player that was benched after Ranieri arrived "single-handedly" cost his team the scudetto?

15. sss112

sss112 Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Ulaanbaatar
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah De Rossi needs to show for the ball more and make the simple passes. Overall exactly my sentiments.

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Within the span of 10 minutes he botched the offside trap twice against Livorno allowing them to score two goals. Had Roma won that match they would have won the league. I can understand a player get's burned by striker, I can accept it and forgive it. However to botch the offside trap, and to do it against such an insignificant team, is just unforgivable. Ranieri never looked his way again after that day.

17. TFC17

TFC17 Member

Mar 20, 2009
    I'd like to see Lazzari in this game

18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Well, had Inter remembered to play in that 8 game span where they didn't get a win, then there would be know scudetto race to begin with. Your being awfully harsh on Motta.

19. TFC17

TFC17 Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Shiiiiiiiiit.

20. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What kind of twisted logic is that? He cost me the title, he botched something youth player all over Italy manage to grasp. Like I said turn him into a winger, and he can be a decent player. However he clearly can not defend.

21. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    motta off the post! setup by cassano

22. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I find it funny that you point to that episode. As your fellow supporter said, what about the Samp game?

23. Italy08

Italy08 Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nice shot by Motta wow. Nice play between Cassano and Motta.

24. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    To be fair, I think there's more credence in faulting Motta for being directly responsible for conceding goals, than faulting Roma in that Samp game where they were very unlucky not to score.

25. legdonor

legdonor Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Firenze
    damn crazy save on pepe there.