Friendly games (r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by loraz, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
  2. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Re: Friendly games

Heard there was going to be a friendly with Holanda, thats a deliciuos match.

3. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i hope they schedule a friendly at giants stadium against a decent team. i love going to watch the team in person whenever i can (which isn't often).

4. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

i think i read somewhere we will probably face Tunisia and Ukraine... did anyone else see that?

5. Krutch

Krutch Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Tunisia

Not Tunisia..they have friendlies against Congo and Egypt.

6. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

thanks for the info. maybe it will be Ukraine??

7. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

wow.. games against Poland and Holland would be great

8. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC

Yes, you guys are playing Poland in Barcelona, Spain on November 13th. Any idea whether Ecuador will bring a top squad, or will they try to experiment? As for the Poland squad, it will be our best possible squad, but two of the best players, Zurawski from Celtic and Szymkowiak from Trabzon will be missing due to injuries.

9. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

no idea yet man. i would like to see some mixes, fresh new guys with a couple of seasoned verterans.

10. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Damn! Would have been a delight to see Zurawski play against Ecuador.

11. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC

The Ecuador squad for the Poland friendly has now been posted (thanks to Bialagwiazda):

Goalkeepers: Edwin Villafuerte (Barcelona Guayaquil), Cristian Mora (LDU Quito);

Defenders: Ivan Hurtado (Al Arabi), Giovanni Espinoza (LDU Quito), Jorge Guagua (El Nacional Quito), Ulises De la Cruz (Aston Villa Birmingham), Paul Ambrossi (LDU Quito), Neicer Reasco (LDU Quito);

Midfielders: Marlon Ayovi (Deportivo Quito), Edwin Tenorio (Barcelona Guayaquil), Segundo Castillo (El Nacional Quito), Edison Mendez (LDU Quito), Luis Saritama (Deportivo Quito), Cristian Lara (El Nacional Quito), Antonio Valencia (Villarreal);

Forwards: Agustin Delgado (Barcelona), Felix Borja (El Nacional Quito), Carlos Tenorio (Al Sadd).

Looks like mostly home based team. Any comments?

12. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i'm sad that mina and kaviedes aren't on the roster, but at least carlos tenorio is on it. i was hoping that he wouldnt be forgotten in the run of things. other than that, it looks pretty much identical to our regular roster... i hope we get a new starting lineup that features saritama and castillo tho..also guagua in the back to give him more reps.

13. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

I'm glad Mina is out. Kaviedez I'm half sad to teel ou the truth. The Squad we have is fantastic aside from Saritama. He needs to know how to pass the ball. This guy needs major improvement so HOpefull this experience will teach him new techniques. I think this is the best seleccion yet.

Good Job Suarez

14. germanxx1

germanxx1 New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    USA
  15. pura_vida362

pura_vida362 Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Mississauga, Canada

I heard Ecuador is playing a friendly against Costa Rica some time in January (or Febuary).

16. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj

no frankiln salas against poland

17. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Yep, 25th January - Ecuador v Costa Rica

18. kaviedes_freak

kaviedes_freak New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto

yep, we will receive them in Guayaquil, Ecuador! i might be in Ecuador at this time!

19. kaviedes_freak

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto

Do you realize what you are saying?? We are still missing some players, for whatever reason, like Salas, Kaviedes, and now Villafuerte. I don't know what Suarez is thinking choosing Lucho and Segundo Castillo over Pato Urrutia.

And abotu Saritama... I don't think you ever watched him play, or else, you wouldn't have said that. This guy's got ability and even when he was in Peru, they loved him off so much and he helped alianza lima become champions, along with Baldeon. I think he sometimes hesitates and passes when he should shoot, but he is like 19 years old, he's got time on his side.

20. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Hello! Salas is out which is good. He needs intesive care for his knee. The problem with salas is that he thinks he can play when he shouldn't. We need him to fully recover so he can move like he use too. He'll be back so really, I am not worried one bit.

I agree with you. I'm sorry but Lucho? WTF. Castillo, never paid attention to his play.-Urrutia?....don't know about him eaither.

Well like I said, Saritama needs this game to improve. Notice that I said nothing of getting him out of the NT.

Saritama is good but like you even said, he hesitates. He's got a two dimensional game play. That happends when your young and nervous. He is really good and fast but again, He needs to be more of a team player.

This upcoming friendly games is just what the doctor ordered. Again, I'm not worried

I'll say it again but this time carefully we got a good seleccion asisde from Kaviedes being out.

21. kaviedes_freak

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto

i think this is good news! fricson george, bonard garcia *aucas in form GK*, defender from el nacional, erick de jesus and MOISES CANDELARIO will replace the 5 liga players! this is big!!

http://futbolecuador.com/noticia16220.html

22. kaviedes_freak

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto

Guys, seriously, if you ever seen Moises Candelario play, you know he deserves this chance!! i just hope Suarez will use him! the last time he played was in the friendly win vs. Nigeria last year, and he assisted Poroso's goal.

23. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Candela,Garcia,Castro,DeJesus are ok, but George the guy is weak.

24. kaviedes_freak

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto

you think so? i thought he was pretty strong. he is playing well for Barcelona these days since returning from his injury.

25. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

I also was very supportive of Urrutia in the National team, then they called him up and played like crap, some players just don't fit in the team, even if they are good in their own teams.

Castillo has been very good, and seems like the future in that position.