Fri 3/22 Fox 28 Good Morning Columbus Show @ Crew Stadium

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by kmmc, Mar 19, 2008.

1. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this is short notice, but on Friday morning Fox 28 will be hosting their morning show from Crew Stadium and they would like to have as many Crew fans there as possible.

It looks like there will be several different time segments between 7:10 and 8:30 where they will be discussing the Crew. They are also trying to set aside one segment specifically for the supporters groups.

So if you can swing by Friday morning please do! All Crew fans are welcome!

2. B-M-T

B-M-T Member

Jun 23, 2001
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox 28 has a morning show?!?
    WOW... who knew?

BTW Friday is the 21st

3. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, how many fans usually hang out at Crew Stadium between 7 and 8:30 in the morning?

We need to rep anyone who goes.

4. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez, these media types aren't exactly brilliant... what reason do fans have to show up, just to be on a 60 second news clip in the background, waving their hands at mom and making the "we're number 1" hand gestures? There isn't even a match there that the public is aware of (even barely) for another week after that.

I'd be impressed with anybody who skips work/school/sleep to be there for some local news bimbos

5. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the more intimate details. The Fox news people will be doing 5 or 6 live spots from 7am to 9am and they'd like some of us to be there. I think they're planning on interviewing some players, some front office higher ups, and some of us. I'm going to be there, just for the mere fact that this is the only advertising that we've seen for the season opener. Seriously, whoever was in charge of promoting the season opener to the general public (not those of us that actually already have tickets) should be handed a pink slip because other than this, I've seen nothing.

6. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Fri 3/21 Fox 28 Good Morning Columbus Show @ Crew Stadium

Thanks for catching that.

7. Slater

Slater New Member

That would be Tommy Hampton.....Marketing & Promotions for the Crew.

Yes. For those complainers who don't want to get up to the stadium that early you will miss your chance to "meet and greet" players and coaches for autographs etc after their interview spots. The producers are not going to have on air talent on a live feed and no content. Have some irish coffee before you go and you'll be fine.

8. B-M-T

B-M-T Member

Jun 23, 2001
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I can't imagine why it has to be 'live'.
    If they were smart the would tape the inserts tonight at the fan forum.

9. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Official announcement:

10. Slater

Slater New Member

Taping "live" packages doesn't come off the same way as actually doing it. The transitions are a little harder to pull of and be believable. It usually brings more excitement and serves the marketing departments needs. It also stretches out the interaction between the live shot and the studio.

11. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess I'll be missing that 5 hours of driving just to miss half a day of work... but thanks anyways for the suggestion on the irish coffee.

Anyway, I hope people show up, and that'd be awesome if they did. I'm just not impressed with the short notice and as others have explained, the lack of overall coverage for the season opener.

12. Clutz

Clutz Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Right, isn't that dude Dave Steffany in charge of the PR stuff?

The crew's lack of communications is disastrous.

13. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there, maybe some other HSH members we'll see. To early IMO.

14. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this might be slightly off the subject, but it relates to media covering the Crew, so I thought it would be somewhat appropriate in this thread.

I just sent an e-mail to Matt McCoy, the Sports Director at WTVN asking why there has not been more coverage of the Crew given that they will be broadcasting the matches. I told him that 105.7 really seemed to promote the Crew with a few of their personalities talking about the team and especially about the upcoming broadcasts. There was even a Crew Minute feature from Dwight Burgess.

Maybe some folks could send Matt an e-mail stating the same kind of thing. His e-mail addess is mattmccoy@wtvn.com.

15. chmk

chmk New Member

Jul 5, 2007
    E. Lane Ave
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done. I'm sending one off now. It's unreal how little support the Crew gets.. :(

16. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DiLoretto did this same thing at my employer some time last fall. They end up being real short segments. For those of you who want to record it, it's called "Good Day Columbus", and it's two separate 1-hour shows at 7AM and 8AM in the guide data.

I'll actually still be asleep out here in SoCal when this is on, so there is no chance I'll show up for "background". :)

17. Clutz

Clutz Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France

LOL, it is unreal.

I'm no expert, but don't they lose a lot of credibility with the crappy press releases they send out. Calling them press releases is a misonomer too BTW, when they don't get any press coverage!

They should just call them "Releases", or "Waste of Time Releases." LOL

18. Matt D

Matt D Member

Mar 17, 2006
    new orleans
    What school did you get you Marketing degree at? Oh, you don't have that? OK. What were you saying?

19. chmk

chmk New Member

Jul 5, 2007
    E. Lane Ave
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hope your post wasn't directed at me. Look, I can't speak for Clutz, but my post should demonstrate that even fans believe the club is poorly managed, like I often do, we can still do postive things to help pick up the slack for a lethargic (nonexistent?) promo team. We're certainly not obligated, but I'm not just going to trash the club while unproductively sitting on my ass.

20. CelticCrew

CelticCrew Member

Apr 23, 2007
    f-ton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

CSN was there for a part of the QnA, it should be on tonight at 10pm.

21. BenHouck

BenHouck Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll go if I don't have to meet anyone. Otherwise seems like a good excuse to play FIFA all night. Gonna need to be far enough back that no one can see my eyes though. They should give out tickets or something to bring more folks out.

22. HardestWorkingFan

HardestWorkingFan Piss on the F*re

Oct 29, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    I graduate Friday morning. Should I skip the ceremony and go to Crew Stadium instead?

23. Matt D

Matt D Member

Mar 17, 2006
    new orleans
    They have a limited budget and are apparently choosing to spend it in other areas.

It would be nice to have money like say, Red Bull, and be able to pay pretty girls to drive cars painted with Red Bull logos and pass out free energy drinks, but that's not how it is with a struggling soccer team.

Mark McCullers will gladly accept donations toward buying air time for TV commercials if that's what you want to do.

24. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Yeah, we have no idea what sort of promotional work the team did in Toronto to ensure a big opening day crowd.

25. Slater

Slater New Member