Fresh start - for all of us

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Coach_Barry, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Coach_Barry

Coach_Barry Member

Aug 18, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Gus Martins article today, he quoted ``Everybody has a breath of fresh air and everybody has a second chance and starts over from the same place,'' said Dempsey of the playoffs.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask us all to join Dempsey and the guys in their breath of fresh air and second chance by elevating the level of discourse on this forum.

When I volunteered to be a moderator on this forum, I expected that my 'work' would involve cleaning up duplicate threads, doing some stickies, and helping out with keeping things moving smoothly.

I have to say that I am disappointed in how many times I have had to pm people and even request cards for grown adults who simply can't seem to manage to disagree civilly with others. Believe me, it is no fun and it is not what I signed on for.

So, as the guys enjoy their new life, let's start one of our own here on the Revs forum. Get a thicker skin, clean up your vocabulary, think before you post or simply grow up - whatever it takes.

2. TTweLLMan

TTweLLMan New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Middleboro MA
    Great Post. I hope this makes people realize how immature they have acted, I probably have said a few *questionable* things, but now that we're in the playoffs, lets have support for this team, and no, excuse my French, bitching and moaning

3. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be good if we could not turn every thread, regardless of the original topic, into a front office bashing party.

4. Crewbasher

Crewbasher Member

Jul 7, 1999
    The Enemy Base
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...but we're Revs fans. That's what we do for a living. :)

5. TTweLLMan

TTweLLMan New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Middleboro MA
    Its the front offices fault this thread had to be made........

Just kidding.

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    FWIW, this is one of the reasons I ceased to be a moderator a few years ago: just got burnt out on policing everything.

7. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    This is the number one reason I rarely post on this board.