Freedom player contracts and dealings for 2011

Discussion in 'Washington Freedom' started by StarCityFan, Oct 19, 2010.

1. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope Solo joins magicTalk SC

Ella Masar is also mentioned, as well as a description that fits Lisa DeVanna.

2. kittenbiscuits

kittenbiscuits New Member

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd really like to see the former Freedom pick up ellertson now.

3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just curious as to who will play in goal at the very beginning of the season since they've got 2 injured/rehabing keepers (assuming McLeod isn't given the axe)

4. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking we needed someone decent who won't be away for the WWC, but your point is well-taken, too.

5. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    QUOTE=Peg Hopper;22546365]I think it is a classic stealth-mode silence before the splash, ala Apple, or other high tech/telecom companies. My hunch is that the big news will launch the team - real name, real location, new GM, new coaches, and a raft of player signings. I expect to hear that name players like Rampone, Cox, Marta, Formiga, Solo, and others have signed and the team has the all-star cast needed to draw crowds across two regionally separated venues.

Stranger things have happened.[/QUOTE]

i'm hoping they get formiga, been waiting for her to sign somewhere. if so...with her and boxx...MJ has a great mid-field...and with Solo in the box...WNY isnt the lock people think they are, could be more like the Sol. And this is for Kool-Aid. I'll say it again Press is built like marta and can put the jets on...just doesnt have the brasilian dribbling skills but no one in NA has that.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKU5v3nWr1Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKU5v3nWr1Y[/ame]

anyway...i hope Mr MJ is as serious as Sahlen.

6. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKU5v3nWr1Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKU5v3nWr1Y[/ame]

she always looks fast against substandard teams. everyone does. that's why we get excited about players who turn out to be dogs. they look good and fast when playing against teams not as good as their own.

press is good.

but she couldn't do the above against notre dame. we'll see if she can do it in wps.

waiting is a chore, but it's required.

7. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    the vid is about foot speed which you cant coach which is preached in football if you ever played it? she has the same motor as marta, ali riley and faby in boston but her offensive skills are more closer to marta. with an offensive keeper like solo in a counter attack...it's about her motoring down the field with abby at the receiving end. i'm willing to bet press is top 5 in the league at this moment in flat out speed. she scored 26 goals...not just against pacific but top flight talent...including morgan and cal in conference.

ok....she was stopped in the championship game but so was the great marta vs sky blue. one game doesnt make a career.

8. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they got Formiga that'd instantly do them wonders in the midfield. She is better than Boxx in my opinion and is the best DCM in the world. After watching her play for the Red Stars all year last season she was the key reason they could out-possess every team, including FCGP. With her anchoring a midfield for a team that looks like it'll have offensive threats, this will be a dangerous team. But obviously, she needs to get signed first so this is all wishful thinking.

9. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    chinese proverb: slow opposition make player look fast.

i believe in press.

just saying that the video doesn't prove anything.

10. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Formiga is the best CM that I have ever seen. I had my doubts when she joined the CRS, but when I saw her play, I understood why Marcia McDermott called her "World Class".
    Precision passing. Can turn on a dime. She does things you will never see from Carli Lloyd or Boxx. Last year I was walking out of Toyota park after a CRS/Boston game and I heard Leslie Osborne give Formiga a world class type of compliment.

11. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I second this, I got to see her play for a whole summer for Charlie Naimo in NJ... she is amazing... that she is still tops for an over 30 player is even more amazing, she has been on Brazil NT forever