Freedom/Crusaders Roadtrip to Philly!

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by DCUPopeAndLillyFan, Aug 13, 2002.

1. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Not getting much play anywhere, so I figured it should have it's own thread.

Hi all,

The Crusaders are joining in on the Freedom's bus trip to Philadelphia for our first ever playoff match this Saturday, 8/17 (Kickoff 1:30 PM on PAX). Over 200 fans have already joined the party!

If you buy season tickets for 2003, the roadtrip is FREE! If you do not wish to do so, it is $50 for roundtrip bus transport to Philadelphia, game ticket, and a 'box lunch'. The team will also sell you just a game ticket if you are making your own way to the stadium.

Busses leave from RFK Stadium at 9:00 AM sharp. Parking is free in Lot 8, but the Southeast freeway entrance will be CLOSED, you must use the Independence Ave entrance (you can also try the service road on the left after the Southeast freeway ends under Pennsylvania Ave, but I don't recommend it unless you have faith in your sense of direction!). Busses will leave Philly about an hour after game's end and arrive back at RFK around 7:30 or 8:00.

You must sign up by no later than Thursday morning! Over 200 fans have already signed up so don't miss out! Call 202-547-3137 to reserve your spot or check out the Freedom website at http://www.washingtonfreedom.com/ for forms. Again, absolute deadline is Thursday morning so don't delay!

FOR EVERYONE:

* Bring banners and anything else Freedom-related to hang at the stadium, let's plaster the place! Bring stuff to tape to the bus windows as well!

* WEAR BLUE! The team is trying to get EVERYONE to wear blue to make a clear visual statement of who we support (nothing like seeing two or three sections of solid blue to stir the soul!). If you have extra blue shirts to lend to the uninformed, bring them! Whatever you do, DON'T WEAR RED!

IF YOU WISH TO TRAVEL AND SIT WITH THE CRUSADERS:

* Arrive at RFK by 8:20 to ensure we can get on the same bus together.

* Email me at ronkessler@sprynet.com and let me know if you (and others) wish to travel and sit with us. Since we will have drums, we are arranging to be in a specific portion of the section and need to let the team know how many we will have in our group.

* Bill and I will be bringing coolers on the bus (we'll find room for them), bring something to throw in them if you like. Alcohol will be permitted.

* If you wish to be on the family-designated (non-alcohol) bus but still want to sit with us at the match, email me so we can get you included in our tickets (which will be handed out on the busses once we get there).

* Bring your voices - I don't know how many outside our group will join in our chants and singing, but I expect us to be in full voice!

That's it for now. Don't miss out on this memorable event and WEAR BLUE!

Ron K
    ronkessler@sprynet.com
    http://www.crusaders-sc.com/

2. Bombatta2

Bombatta2 New Member

NOT what they told me.......

When I called and got my ticket, they said that you HAD to go on the bus, that all tickets to the Philly playoff game set aside for Washington fans would be handed out Sat. morning to people getting on the bus.

I know that doesn't seem to make sense, but I had a fairly long argument over the phone. I wanted to drive myself, but they said no way.

3. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Re: NOT what they told me.......

This is NOT what I was told last week. I will see what I can do in the morning. It obviously makes no sense to make someone who lives halfway to Philly drive to RFK to take the bus, or shut them out of a special event because of where they live.

My understanding is that tickets will be distributed on the bus WHEN WE ARRIVE AT VILLANOVA. I don't think Freedom staff will even have them in hand until Becky gets off the bus to get them at the Charge ticket office. No reason they can't instruct you to meet the bus or leave tickets at will call in your name.

Did you just talk to one staffer, or did you talk to Becky (the head honcho organizing this) herself?

If worse comes to worse, we can make arrangements to order it in my name and I will leave it at will call for you - but I can't imagine that will be necessary.

4. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    I'm in, baby!!!!!!

DALEDALEDALEDALEDALEDALEDALEDALE-OOOO!
    DALE-OOOOO!
    DALE-OOOOO!

DALEDALEDALEDALEDALEDALEDALEDALE-OOOO!
    DALE-OOOOO!
    DALE-OOOOO!

5. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    I could have sworn I read on the Freedom website that you COULD just buy a ticket to the game. Either that, or in the e-mail newsletters they send you if you subscribe. You guys can check the website and I'll go have a look at my e-mail.

Norma

6. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    Nope, I was wrong. Checked both and neither mentions being able to buy just the ticket. I must have been thinking about not having to buy a season ticket. If you buy a season ticket it's free, but if not, it's $50.

If they don't let you do it, the obvious thing to do is find out what section they'll be in and go get one from TicketBastard.

Sorry!
    Norma

7. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Got email on the game-ticket only issue this afternoon, Freedom aren't doing it for various reasons. Call the Charge box office and ask for a ticket in the Freedom section and they will accomodate you. Apparently, many people have already done this. What I don't know is if the Freedom will reimburse you for the ticket if you got a 2003 season package. They should.

8. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Hi all,

First, we need to clarify - EVERYONE going on the bus trip to Philly needs to order their OWN trip package(s) through the team. The Crusaders are not placing orders for anyone. Contacting us only means we will make sure your ticket(s) will be with us inside but you need to place your own order. Sorry if anyone was confused by this.

If you have not ordered a trip package yet, YOU MUST DO SO BY THURSDAY MORNING. Call the Freedom office at 202-547-3137 to place your order. AGAIN, DEADLINE TO ORDER IS THURSDAY MORNING, if you miss it you will be left behind!

As a reminder, trip packages are FREE if you order a 2003 Freedom season ticket, or $50 otherwise. Package includes roundtrip bus from RFK to Philly, parking in Lot 8 at RFK, game ticket, and a 'box lunch'.

Keep in mind that the Southeast Freeway entrance to Lot 8 will be LOCKED. Use the Independence Ave entrance (or the service road on the left after the Southeast Freeway ends under Pennsylvania Av if you dare). Busses leave RFK at 9 AM SHARP! We will leave Villanova about an hour after game's end to get back to RFK around 7:30 or 8:00.

EVERYONE GOING: Wear *BLUE* - the team wants to create an ocean of blue in our sections and create a great visual show of support for Freedom. Bring banners and other Freedom paraphenalia to hang at the stadium and even on bus windows.

THOSE GOING WITH CRUSADERS: Arrive at RFK by 8:20 to ensure we get on the same bus. This will make ticket distribution easier and let us practice songs/chants on the way up. Bring stuff to throw in our coolers if you wish. Bring your voices, I expect our crew to be singing all match!

Email me at ronkessler@sprynet.com if you wish to join us (again, you must order your own package through the Freedom at 202-547-3137 by Thursday morning)

There may be over *400* Freedom fans making the trip, looking forward to being a part of something special!

Ron K
    ronkessler@sprynet.com
    http://www.crusaders-sc.com/

9. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Recognize mother*******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the Washington Biz Journal:

Freedom fans sign up for Philadelphia
    Cynthia Hobgood :D
    Staff Reporter