Free Yourself from Conservative Talk Radio: 12 Steps to Recovery

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Mel Brennan, Nov 6, 2003.

1. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    still waiting to know the name of the publication that MSU story was from...

2. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Yourself from Conservative Talk Radio: 12 Steps to Recovery

Okay, let me get this straight. I tell you I HAVE WORKED in a union at GM, and other unions. I tell you that these people I WORKED with were flat-out lazy and not good workers, and I'm a wannabe? Sounds like you can't handle the truth, little boy.

3. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I think we're agreeing here, but on the big picture.

I don't think Montclair State compares to HUAC or McCarthy or even something like CBS being obliged to censor itself.

4. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this as well.

5. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Yourself from Conservative Talk Radio: 12 Steps to Recovery

(1) Unless you are 6 foot 8 and 259 pounds, you're little-er than this "little boy."

(2) I'm, again, asking you which unions you worked in (and where), because I'm telling you that there are a diversity of union experiences out there (I, for example, worked with Local 1 (Stagehands) in NYC for an extended period, and found them to be supremely confident, well-paid assbusters who worked extremely hard), and nonetheless to be a worker and advocate against unions, and their protections, is to be either an owner, or a wannabe owner...

(3) Grow up, take a deep breath, and plunge into wholly new territory for you...addressing the ideas in the thread...

6. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    My bad. It was a front page story in The Bergen Record (NJ) last week.

7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I found this line from the SGA president MORE offensive than anything the Campus Crusade leader might have said:

Hudnut, who is gay, said a presentation by the group's student leader showed intolerance for homosexuals, insensitivity toward non-Christian religions, and a belief that the United States was founded on purely Christian principles.

Now we weren't there, but assuming that the leader of a Christian group had the GALL to promote his Christian views in public, Mr. Hudnut is apparently the bigot in this situation. "whaddya mean he believes Christ is the one true savior? that's not being inclusive!" The Campus Crusade group is being punished for their beliefs before they've even had a chance to become a campus club. Certainly sounds like a liberal form of McCarthyism.

I'll post the follow-up article when the lawsuit is filed.