Fredy Montero - part II

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by GOALSeattle, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have, IMO sometimes they need to look out a little more for the important players who get pressured hard core. Blanco in Chicago has the ref's in his hands when he touches the ball, why? Cause he is asking and screaming towards the ref, but most players arent as agressive towards refs like him, and arent as important (Montero is) so alot of times ref let some stuff fly. Gallardo was a decent example last season, where he got fouled pretty bad vs. chivas USA after coming back from surgery from a hernia. He gets on the field, and at the 7oth minute hes back out, turns out the foul that didnt even get a yellow against him(real hard tackle) ended up ripping something in his knee. From then until like a month ago he wants ready to play as a result of that tackle.

Its little stuff like this that tears down players that will pile up if the ref's dont take a little more care. But thats my opinion.

But i agree with the divers part, anyone remember colombian Diego Serna? Nororious for his dives. : p

Its one thing to get chippy but another to get wreckless. It often gets to the latter alot in the MLS, especially with roughneck teams like New England, and New York. This is when people get hurt, not just riled up.

Our play is comparable to a lower level EPL aka second division of England.

I really hope this loan to Seattle leads to him getting to a team in england. It seems colombians and ecuadorians are the player to get right now over there.

2. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    i am very surprised by seattle's popularity, what a well organized team..amazing sponsor, amaziong uniform and a really cool new fanbase, fredy couldn't have a better choice, i'm sorry if anyone disagrees with me, but i'm calling it, the MLS will soon be springboard for Colombians to go to Europe.

3. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota
    if the mls was smarter it would buy players from south america before european teams and keep them...

instead of getting juan pablo angel, they could get 10 fredy monteros

4. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And maybe this is will be the start of that trend...if Fredy does go to Europe after this season - you can bet it will become a more sought after move for Colombian players...

5. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota
    i seriously think the whole beckham scandal is a make or break circumstance for the mls to change strategy ...otherwise the league will go broke

if the mls does not change in favour of harvesting latin americans such as fredy, then (along with its other problems) i fail to see how it could survive

that said, if the trend starts, the mls will most deifnately become more interesting with this and some more institutional changes (and i refer here to relegation system, but honestly i dont want to discusss this point)

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The main problem is the Salary cap, right now i have NO IDEA how fredy is here, at 155k it doesnt make sense. I am sure he was making close to that in colombia, because like i said before DC united tried to get a similarly skilled player from bolivia with not even as good as a good rep as fredy has in south america, and the DC front office told me personally that he is too expensive, and they want too much.

IMO until MLS can start offering 300-400k salaries to foreign players meaning that high to like 6-7 of the foreign player limit, we wont see guys like fredy in this league, meaning young and fresh, for a while. The Salary cap will have to be at least 8-10 milliion US.

7. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    yea but he's living in seattle, and the opportunities are pretty cool. all those coffeshops bro, come on! lol

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    hahaha. Im sure hes getting money under the table or say free pimp housing at a penthouse apartment??? I am sure of it, cause this kid was a world prospect on up and coming youth, theres no way he came to the MLS just cause.... :p

I am sure hes living free and that 155k is straight pocket change. :) Money to send back home.

9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think that is a possibility, but IMHO is a combination:

Salary, which I agree should be close to what he got back in Colombia
    His percentage of the transfer fee to MLS and when he leaves (if he leaves)
    Free perks (appt + car + starbucks card :p)

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good post.

I didnt think that far into it, but def. a possibility.

11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Which one didn't you think of, the starbucks card?

Maybe he also got a free xbox with both FIFA and PSE!!!! LOL :p

[​IMG]

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i really like the seattle uniform and sponsor.... Looks like a legit team unlike half the MLS teams

13. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    uniform is the coolest thing in the mls right now...in regards to the starbucks card, I drink it, but Montero needs a regular credit card to buy coffee from colombians, he won't drink that mud....

14. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Montero scores again! From what I read, its a screamer from 25 yards.

If he keeps this up, will definitely hope to have him for the next set of qualifier fixtures.

15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    buena noticia

me voy a ver los noticieros deportivos!!!

go seattle....I do know, I like the JPA team too!

and will like to see ferreira on tv....at frisco Park

16. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it was a screamer, he looks up sees the keeper is a little out and drills the ball in the back of the net. In the second half RSL looked like they were going to tie it up. Seattle was on the back foot but against the run of play Montero scores, glad I put him on my fantasy team.

17. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARH8Lwz-eTc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARH8Lwz-eTc[/ame]

Amazing goal by Fredy!! If he keeps up like this, he'll be the new call up vs. Argentina...We do have wonderful strikers, I just hope that they will translate their goals in their clubs also in the NT. Fredy is much bigger then this league, I really hope that he will join one of Europe's top leagues this summer.

18. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Fredy Montero no tuvo rival para ser el Jugador del Mes

No pudo comenzar mejor su andadura en la MLS de E.U. el joven delantero colombiano Fredy Montero, de los Sounders de Seattle.

More...

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: News: Fredy Montero no tuvo rival para ser el Jugador del Mes

Montero pulled a Kobe Braynt .... ********... I prefer him to be a drunk than this shit

24. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

terrible news, this is definitely going to ruin his public image.

25. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

He's innocent until proven guilty. I can only hope this is untrue. Would be another in a long line of hopes dashed by foolishness.