Fredy Montero - part II

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by GOALSeattle, Feb 3, 2009.

1. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Montero pisa duro en la MLS

Fredy Montero debutó con dos goles en la victoria 3-0 de su equipo, el Sounders de Seattle. El nacido en Campo de la Cruz les ganó el duelo a Juan Pablo Ángel y Juan Carlos Osorio, delantero y técnico del Red Bulls de Nueva York.

More...

4. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well take it up with the Villareal front office they obviously thought he was.

5. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    guys stay on track!!

welcome here mate!!!...hope to see you often

Montero'

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    stay on track guys!!

dc fan...fuego y mas, good to see you here mate, I hope the honeymoon for Montero last thru summer!

fantastic start!

7. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVtYH3wg1xg"]YouTube - Sounders FC 3 - Red Bull NY 0 complete goals 3-19-2009 MLS in Seattle[/ame]

8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wonderful game by Montero. 2 goals and assist (an amazing pass in the second goal of Seattle), Montero couldn't ask for more in his opening match. It seems like he is to big on the MLS, I hope to see him sign in one of the major European leagues this summer. Wonderful play by Fredy in the 3rd goal, when he put the keeper on the ground before chose his angle to shoot. Bravo Fredy!!

9. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Más flores para Montero en la MLS

El futbolista colombiano Fredy Montrero despertó una cadena de elogios, después de los goles que le convirtió al Red Bulls en el que juega su compatriota Juan Pablo Ángel. Montero es compañero de John Keneddy Hurtado, también ex Cali.

More...

10. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You guys see this interview with Montero about his first game, its interesting, he really seems happy to be with seattle, and talks about how the play is rough, and the ref's dont give much calls and keep it moving(as the MLS wants :( )

http://www.elpais.com.co/paisonline/deportes2003/notas/Marzo212009/depor7.html

11. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the heck is wrong with you :eek:? You want players wasting time and diving for being touched all the time. WOW.

12. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    esa no es la opinion el bolivianMLS!!

es un concepto de Montero en su entrevista de arriva

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    LOL^^^

Nah, i want players to be protected, our league lets TOO Much stuff fly, and the refs look bad as a result internationally. I wish they'd call it like refs eveyrwhere else. Guys like Gallardo last season for us got hurt the remainder of the season because of how banged up he'd get since he was the '10' and was always getting covered incredibly hard!

They need to look out for their players, screw it if it slows down the game and turns some fans away!

14. hanzellmo

hanzellmo Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Bogota
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    thats it, now messi will never go to mls :p

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You tell em'! :p

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    bolifuego--- como ves el juego en bgta vs colombia
    vienen completos? que tal esta joselito y cia? deja tu opinion en el hilo del partido en el foro de seleccion Colombia

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ok. Solo' pa' mi amigo efernandez9. ;)

18. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No sir it is the opinion of Bolivanfuego. Players should only be protected by the rules of the game, not by there talent. If there is a foul call it, if not let the game play on, just cause the guy dives, flops, or lets himself fall it is not a foul. I hate to break it to you BFuego, the MLS will not call the games like they do in most countries south of the border.

Man I wish I could put the video up of a dive in the Mustang where there was not even a defender 2 feet from the supposed foul and worse the ref called a penalty :eek: RIDICULOUS!

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I know the exact call your talking about, and i get what your saying, but in the MLS the style of play needs better reffing. If you watch teh MLS on a constant basis like me, you'd know the ref's are constantly criticised and constantly make bad calls, fouls that needed to be called, or hell DCU got served an undeserved PK for a hand ball that didnt exist this weekend, it hit the dudes thigh lol.

@ 3:25

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0VYpx9FRbs"]YouTube - 3/22/2009 D.C. United @ Los Angeles Galaxy[/ame]

My point is, that one tackle for instance that you watched Montero barely not get touched when he jumped up as the defender for NYRB's slid almost right through him, would have been a foul anywhere. MLS didnt call it and kept the play going, why? Because the big wigs at MLS a couple years ago told the ref's to let more stuff slide because the game was slowing down too much in the era of etcheverry', pibe, etc. The ref's since then get memo's to led some fouls go, and the play gets chippy.

21. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    I agreee with bfuego- MLS refs let too much go by (within thr same rules they try to impose, just to keep the flow of the game)

guys in the small side - like montero, will not last long, when the big hacks come to cover him, under the ref admiration.

we are not talking about divers, but real play in which talented players get cut over and over again.

23. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Montero can survive hacks. There are thousands of little guys playing at the highest levels. Its happens to the best players on the field, it happens all over the world in every league. The refs in the MLS call fouls when there are fouls, I have not seen them overlook a foul just to keep the game moving unless they are playing advantage rule. Refs should give yellows and reds when they are warrented or for persistant infractions from the same player not for protecting a certain player, that's my opinion anyways and thats seems to me the way the game should be called.

Get the fakers, divers, time wasters, & cheaters out the game with a straight red :eek::D Well that's a little harsh how bout 5 minutes off the field. That stuff would stop real quick.

24. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For sure that was a foul on Montero, the only thing I can think of is the ref did'nt see it. MLS does have bad refs but not because they dont call dives they just make some bad calls all together at times for a lot of diffrent type of calls. MLS did not say let more stuff go they said stop calling the dives and when players just stop and fall over and fouls to that effect.

United got robbed over the weekend! It was just a terrible call.

I love it when things get chippy. I'm starting to realize the type of player you are or were. Mine has been well documented. Anyway you guys can respond I am done and will look forward to seeing and hearing more of the topic at hand, MONTERO :)

25. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    well said mate - I want to see the opion of goalSeattle about the refs and the pace of the game vs rules