Freddy Makes His Mark, 11/6?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by GUTuna, Nov 4, 2004.

1. GUTuna

GUTuna Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Washington, DC USA
    Just a bit of speculation here, but I can really see a possible key moment in Freddy's career coming on Saturday. With Dema and Nelsen out, Freddy will almost definitely be making an appearance sometime in the Conference Championship. We all saw how he changed the game against the Metros (when inserted at the right moment by Nowak). There's a good chance he'll come in with the game on the line, with a chance to save, win, seal, the game for us.

Now great players step up when they're in the clutch. They feed off big crowds and pressure situations. They find a way to change the game when their team needs it.

I know he's 15. I know he's not supposed to be the player to win the game for us, nor does our system rely on him. But maybe, just maybe, we could see a major moment in this kid's career tomorrow coming after the hour mark in Saturday's game.

2. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a lot of pressure to put on this kid, but unfortunately, I have a feeling that you are going to be correct in that he will be in a position where he ends up having to do something. I would love to think that this game will be a blowout for United, but I have a bad feeling about the game. It could very well come down to Adu and Quaranta being late game subs, and having to work magic.