Freddy looked very very good-perspective

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Bruce S, May 12, 2007.

1. Oatmeal

Oatmeal Member

Dec 2, 2006
    This is random but this is my view on Freddy...

I would say Freddy is one of the best players in our National Team pool, and one of the things that brings him to that status is an array of skills that we do not have at the senior level that we NEED.

For the many of us that have grown frusterated with Landon on corners and set pieces, Adu is already at 17 the best crosser and free kick taker and penalty taker we have in the national team pool in my opinion.

Just thought I'd throw that view in as it has been picking at me for a few days.

2. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Agreed 100%, as a matter of fact, the thing that concerns me the most is he seems to be less creative around the goal than he was at 15, too planned, less creative. I often wonder if he is thinking too much, if he has been over coached. Sometimes the best way to manage a true talent is to put them is system that allows them to do what they do.

3. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    seeing freddy against the argentine u-20 a week or so ago, it'd be hard NOT to say freddy was the best player out there...

my gut feeling all along is, OLDER established players in mls were NOT going to let some kid RUN their team...

simple as that, but at the u-20 level freddy is so far ahead of any american, he can do what he does best...

eventually the old farts on the usmnt will let freddy be freddy...

at dc untied, it was clear the bigger stars were more competent pros, and freddy had to fit in...

his time is coming sooner than later...

only bradley could screw it up

4. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=432417&root=us&cc=5901

well, we should ask freddy what it's like being in salt lake compared to the cosmopolitan east coast he's used to...

this notion of freddy being overrated, let's examine what peoples expectations of him are....

anyone who saw him against the argetina u-20, where he was permtitted to be freddy will realize the immensity of his talent...

i'm coming more th the conclusion, OLDER more alledgely maturer men are simply jealous of the kid and will warp and discredit the good he does...

when freddy will play with better skilled men in europe, his ability will blossom even more...

not many americans can play the game he does.....

and here's to freddy turning 18 next week...

the world is yours ......

5. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
  6. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    wasn't he a star on the team that got to the quarters?

8. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And just who are you talking about here? Freddy hasn't been around the usmnt long enough for the "old farts" to hold him back. I mean, hasn't he only been there one time for a few weeks back in January of 2005 or 2004? It was sometime back then.

And just about all the "old farts" are gone from the USMNT now anyway.

10. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was decent, though star isn't my opinion.

11. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    The revelation came recently while watching film of his U-17 days with the U.S. National Team.
    "I thought about it, 'Why did I change, why am I not doing that anymore?,' " said Adu a day after scoring his first goal for Real Salt Lake during the team's 2-1 loss at FC Dallas on Sunday.
    "When I was with D.C., I was told to play one, two touches. I was also really scared to make mistakes. When you're in and out of the lineup, it really messes with your head."

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_5956619

12. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal
    Kakitani Japan U-17 national team
    lovely ball touch
    FANTASTIC PLAY
    http://videos.sapo.pt/AIjgBFQ7QTuwhebDYL6G

13. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta

This kid has good control but is doing nothing spectacular in that video. Especially considering he's playing with other kids.

14. Oatmeal

Oatmeal Member

Dec 2, 2006
    The thing that proves Adu is a tremendous young player and still our best US prospect is his performance for the youth national teams. Most of us here anyways could give two about how he plays for RSL, even though many will think it reflects on his play. All I, and many US fans, care about is how he will perform for the national team.

First off, Freddy is 18, on the U-20 team, and the best attacking force on the team. He produced the most in qualifying and ran the team brilliantly. The fact that many on here can discuss another prospect on the same U-20 team as "promising" who hasnt put up the numbers or quality of consistant U-20 play that Freddy has, but will turn around and criticize Freddy is ridiculous. And no I am not talking about Jozy, just pointing out a general argument for a number of players.

Until Freddy falls off at whatever his current national team level is, it is asanine to think he is a bust and not improving. His play with the national teams has improved every year and this calender year with the U-20's is turning out to be one of his best yet and can be capped off with what should be a terrific world cup this summer.

15. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Add Ben Sahar who plays for Chelsea

16. Oatmeal

Oatmeal Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Great young striker, and very well could make an impact on the squad this year with the mass african exodus for the cup. Scott Sinclair is another young blue to look out for.

17. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, is he still that young? (I know he is, it just seems like he's been around forever.) I remember seeing him play not long ago for the Israeli senior side, I want to say against England and somebody else in Euro qualies. I also seem to remember him scoring a brace in the second of those two (was it Estonia maybe?). He could be pretty special.

18. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal
    Why MLS not it bets in japan players

19. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    <druggedoutwarprotestorontheLincolnMemorialstepsinForrestGump>

You said it all, man.

</druggedoutwarprotestorontheLincolnMemorialstepsinForrestGump>

20. Musichascolors

Musichascolors Red Card

May 17, 2007
    Any young player who does anything decent is automatically better than 2 time All star MLS Cup and supporters shield winner Freddy Adu, by default.

21. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    born Oct 10, 1989. He's a legit U-17.

22. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta

We finally know who the man behind the curtain is at Babel Fish.

23. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Geez, how ridiculous is the title of this thread looking at this point?

Maybe the U-20s can save Freddy's season....

24. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia

???

I tried reading it out loud and is this supposed to say "Why doesnt the MLS invest in Japanese players"?

25. argaen

argaen New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Tucson, Arizona
    Just ignore that guy. Hes spamming that crap video on every board.