Freddie close to early return

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by fox point fury, Sep 7, 2002.

1. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
  2. kygunner

kygunner New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Winchester KY USA
    This is great news but I hope his come back is when hes 100% and theres no fear of reaggravating the injury. Cautious is better. I believe Wenger wont let him come out until hes sure Freddie is truly ready.

3. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We're going along reasonably comfortably at the moment, so I don't see the need to rush him back. A couple of reserve outings would be ideal to get his match sharpness back.

4. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    BBC

5. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I think I caught during the telecast that he had resumed full training with the team. So he seems to be practicing hard, and is working more on his aerobic fitness than anything else. I too hope he takes it slowly.

6. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep, he could do with a few reserve outings. We aren't playing badly at the moment, so I think the slow approach to getting him back into first team action would be wise.

7. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that Freddie's cut his hair, how shall we serenade him? "We love you Freddie, but now you've got no hair!" ??????

8. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    At this point, the Gunners are playing well and already have a full midfield. I hope that Ljungberg comes back fully fit and ready for the crunch time in November, when the league, Worthington Cup, and Champions League all come with multiple games per week. Freddie should hold off his return until he is 100% and strong enough to stay that way! This is what it sounds like Arsenal are planning for in that he went 67 minutes in the reserve game vs. Reading.

9. Ian Lozada

Ian Lozada Member

May 29, 2001
    The Pick Four Pool
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a question. Me and my friend were having an arguement over how to pronounce ljungberg's name. i told him its pronounced loon-berg because thats how i hear the commentators say it, while he says its pronounced loonj-berg.

11. kygunner

kygunner New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Winchester KY USA
    Yoon-berg, Thats how I pronounce it.

12. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Martin Tyler - Sky commentator and Arsenal man through and through pronounces it: L-yoong-berg. And I expect they've met on many occasions.

13. Ian Lozada

Ian Lozada Member

May 29, 2001
    The Pick Four Pool
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States