Frankowski trial?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by krolpolski, Jan 30, 2008.

1. PhantomTollbooth

PhantomTollbooth New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Appleton, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  2. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. PhantomTollbooth

PhantomTollbooth New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Appleton, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  4. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    Frankowski was featured in an article in Hoy yesterday, along with a photo. Two quotes of his, which is from some language to Spanish and now to English reads as follows: I'm happy. I came two days ago with the idea in my head to sign a contract here. We're going to talk. The club will look at my physical condition and the next two days should be decisive." "If Beckham came to the MLS, I can, too, without a problem. I think in Chicago thre are 15,000 people at each match. I hope to help bring a title here."

5. Tahu

Tahu Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Chicago-North Suburb
    I am sure in his prime he was great. And I hope he is good. But is he a pure number 10, does he date hot women, can he carry an ad campaign for an entire nation, does he have a temper, does he work officials over doing a game?

What is the little fish with the English accent talking about?:confused:

6. tacologic

tacologic Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Brooklyn
    This article worries. Aside from the Blanco parallel that I'm not buying, did this guy really ask if Blanco's role would change? I mean I know the Fire may be looking for another keeper, but keep the man in the middle, directing the offense, like he's been doing his whole life.

7. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--

I don't think there's anything to worry about there. Blanco's role isn't going to change. Cuauhtemoc is the offensive conduit, the QB, the true #10 of our team.

If Frankowski makes the club, he won't be taking Blanoc's spot, but he will be benefit from Blanco's set-ups.

8. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    if you guys get a big name pole to go with blanco, your crowds are gonna be through the roof!

9. tacologic

tacologic Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Brooklyn
    Right, I know. But the fact that it could even be suggested is what has me scratching my head.

10. Fire-wisla

Fire-wisla New Member

Oct 14, 2006
    chicago, ill
    If the Fire sign him, it will be hard to get tickets to games this year, I think.

11. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah, I hear ya. No worries though my good man, the reporter brought the question up to fit in his article about the changes in our team . . . nothing more, nobody in the Fire org. brought up that concern.

Have a beer and get your game face ready . . . we're weeks away from our 10th Anniv. Campaign!!!!

DSLITR

12. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Guys, the reporter asked the question. Not Frankowski.

13. Tahu

Tahu Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Chicago-North Suburb
    put some Bob Marley or Grateful Dead music in the background, make the room foggy, and it might be easier to understand the little fish.

14. tacologic

tacologic Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Brooklyn
    I know... that was my point. Like is the guy clueless, or can he just not write his way out of a paper bag?

15. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I have never seen anyone miss the point quite like you :p. The "Polish Blanco" is meant solely in terms of popularity, Frankowski has never played anything other then the striker position.

16. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 days without a Frankowski post?!?!....and I thought Chicago had the largest Polish population outside of Warsau. :rolleyes:

Seriously. Anyone in Bradenton who can vouch for his form?

17. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where's Warsau? in Wisconsin?

18. mchughes

mchughes New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Provo, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hes played in both preseason games so far, but hasnt scored or had an assist. but the team did win 3-1 and 2-1.

19. Super Sting

Super Sting Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Looks like he has the potential to be the next Bedroussian

20. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Same with Blanco and Rolfe. Neither have scored so we might as well cut them.

FRANKS TO START IN 08!

21. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They only play in 30 minute shifts!...but I have to agree with the idea that Floyd has earned the starting job over Blanco and Rolfe...maybe we can use Blanco and Rolfe as trade bait...and try to get a few more Franks on the team...or at least someone close to the caliber of Floyd Franks...:D

22. Tahu

Tahu Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Chicago-North Suburb
    :rolleyes:Northern Indiana. that is why they put the stadium in the south suburbs instead of the north west suburbs. They wanted to be close to the team's Polish supporters

23. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  24. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Yeah, we'll put lanky Nyarko up top with Floyd. Then our attacking tandem will be...

Franks and Beans!