Frank Simek Article from Soccer365

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Mason16, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    link:

http://www.soccer365.com/US_home/Features_Interviews/page_38_38282.shtml

Short interview with explanation as to why he's not wit the U20s in Spain.

Stupid interview question: "Have you considered or would consider a move to MLS?" The kid's been in the Arsenal system successfully since age 12, if he has any kind of shot to make the senior team, and he obviously does, why on earth would he do that. I love MLS but come on.

2. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I would have laughed at that question if I was him.

Good find!

3. Scrandal

Scrandal Member

Nov 5, 2001
    Charlotte, NC
    General Info please...

..on Frank as a player. Where does he play, size, strengths, possible role with the u-20 team? How about the competition for his spot on the team.

thanks, rgr

4. The Wanderer

The Wanderer New Member

Sep 3, 1999
    Re: General Info please...

I think he's a defender.

5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Nice to hear he'll be available for qualifying.
    At least, he thinks he will! Rongen - or Arsenal - may have other ideas.

6. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    I don't think he's been there that long. He was on the '84 Region 2 ODP team until mid 2001. He's a defender/defensive midfielder. Played with Metro FC here in the states.

7. dheck

dheck Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    He has been doing summer training with Arsenal for several years, then went there full time for the season last year.

I think his family used to live in England, but he definitely lived in St. Louis before going to Arsenal full time. He was a teammate of John DiRaimondo's (in residency at Bradenton) while in St. Louis.

He is typically a central defender. He played regularly with Arsenal's U-17s last season, and expects to play with the U-18s this season. He occasionally got the sit on the bench last season for the FA Youth Cup, something only a few of the U-17s had the honor of doing, and has high hopes to be involved in that competition this year.

8. soccerchic2429

soccerchic2429 New Member

May 20, 2005
    Frank grew up in England, He played for an awesome club in the U.S. My brother played with frank and went to school with him. He is an amazing player

9. soccerchic2429

soccerchic2429 New Member

May 20, 2005
    He doesnt play for asernal anymore he was moved down to a smaller club.

10. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    As far as I know he is still under contract with Arsenal and was loaned to QPR and then loaned to Bournemouth. We'll see what happens over the summer since they let go Karby and I thought he was the one which was a better long term prospect.