France refuse to train, managing director quits

Discussion in 'GROUP A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay France' started by President Ike, Jun 20, 2010.

1. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hee hee.. and let's throw in Euro 2016 which they're hosting. Maybe Ireland can take their place as host nation.

:D

2. Grandprunier

Grandprunier New Member

May 12, 2010
    France
    It's about time to put back some some players who respect their bleu jersey in this team.

3. Grandprunier

Grandprunier New Member

May 12, 2010
    France
    Let's say you're right Robby. I prefer average players who will run 90 minutes non stop, sing the anthem with their heart, and show a certain education to the medias.

I prefer a side who could lose after a worthy fight, or maybe win (why not ?), know how to win, and know how to lose, who is fair play, who doesn't screw another nation with a handball, etc... Than this shame we are witnessing here.

4. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    I'm I the only one thinking that this unprofessionalism is the result of not getting rid of Domenech sooner?

Blame the Federation. I would most likely freak out at one point too.

5. WorldCupRene

WorldCupRene New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    The problem here is that this puts in question what will happen next Tuesday... after all, SA if not out of contention yet, so if mexico or Uruguay were to lose, they would be at the mercy of whether France allows SA to score at will or not.

I'm very concerned about the integrity of this group's qualifying process to the best of 16 round.

6. harkes6

harkes6 Member

Apr 24, 2007
    san francisco
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: French training ground bust up (video)

incredible, hilarious, a perfect sumnation of domenech's time. he's a fool and french people love striking.

7. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is ********ing pathetic, everyone in in the federation is to blame, the coach, the players, the assistants, the managers, all of them. this federation needs to be banned from a major competition for this petulance, not kidding. i feel really bad for ireland, they deserved to be in the world cup, they did the work and they got screwed. on top of that i have to feel that a country like ireland would give much more heart and fight than france has given. the france federation is in shambles and needs to regroup, but at the same time they have to be punished for this, FIFA needs to set precedence for garbage like this happening.

what an ugly, pathetic situation this has devolved into.

8. King Uribe

King Uribe Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Long Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    i see france letting south africa advanced by letting the baphana baphana score 5! then group A goes apeshyt over frances action.

9. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Could this be a result of the Golden Rule, you know what goes around comes around, karma, law of reciprocity, etc? (in regards to the Ireland qualifier)

10. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 'spiracy theorists are rubbing their hands like flies on mule dung over the thought, especially if Domenech is sitting on that bench. Picture them not playing all out to show up their coach as part of the mutiny? That would be the ultimate of all fixes to blackball him. What about playing for the shirt, the country pride, and yes, le cock? (I keed I keed)

Any press clips of what Platini or Zizou are saying about things?

11. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Platini didn't say anything for the moment. As president of the UEFA, any word from him must be wisely chosen. Zidane just said that the defeat against Mexico was 'deserved'.

12. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remembered the scene they showed him talking to Zizou in the suites (can't remember if it was a France game or not). But his waving of arms to say something tactical and his overall animated mannerism spoke loud in terms of his opinion of what is going on with the national team, the team in which he played with so much passion for.

13. OrlandoEngelaar

Jul 19, 2008
    CA
    I feel sorry for the players on that team that do give a damn. Their dream ruined by a few immature personnel.

14. Santeria

Santeria New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    really is a damn shame, whats even worse is i still see France qualifying beating RSA 0-2 and Uruguay beating mexico 1-0

btw, i hate those people blaming this on Henry's handball, you are all such hypocrites. If it was your team instead of France and your star forward made that gol using his hand i'm positive you all would still be celebrating.

The coach has to go, and so do the 3-4 drama queen players.

15. fari

fari Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Denver,CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    very true...it is a few bad apples that are doing all this...i can see blanc making toulalan the next captain, he seems a very level headed dude (plus he looks like a grandpa with that gray hair)

i agree...i hope the arsenal players (not gallas cause he's an idiot) aren't affected by this fiasco mentally.

16. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    You know,you could be right.
    The French players are too angry,there is absolutely no team spirit anymore,they hate their own trainers.

Their hatred towards the French Federation could make that they let the South Africans win with so much points as a protest against their coach and trainers.

It wouldn't surprise me if it happens.

17. triplesevn

triplesevn New Member

Jun 27, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is a complete embarrassment to the entire football nation-not only France. This just shows that footballers believe they are above everything, including their country. France is not the only nation to experience descent. Many of the African nations have had problems too this WC and this has occurred in WC's past.

But this is bad. Never has an entire team refused to practice and to do so for a member of their team who disrespected another (doesn't matter who it is from the FFF l'equip) and refused to apologize is not part of the team.

The fact is, the COACH makes the ultimate decisions and as players they are suppose to abide by them. Each one of those players has to earn the right to play for the FFF. None of them are guaranteed a spot so for them to act as they have is disgraceful. They should all be dumped from the team for their actions. They sing the La Marseillaise but they do not know what it means as evident per their actions.

I am now convinced fait was behind my injury that caused me to miss this WC and resale my tickets back to FIFA. I would have been mad as hell to put so much effort in and be witness to this debacle.

Maybe the FFF should start looking at more players who truly want to represent the country they had been born and raised in! Currently, there seems to be no loyalty for claiming France as your country when born South of the European continent!!!

Henry, starting or not, should be leading this team on and off the field as well. He has been silent since they arrived in SA. Very disappointed in him. He is the senior player with three WC's under his wings. The whole thing smells of something, just don't know what.

18. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know I was thinking about this, but Domenech and the French FA have managed to unite the team... against them.

Think about this, this was a player led walkout. There werent some players stepping out, but all of them. Domenech has so thoroughly lost the team that there is no dissent among the players on this issue.

I mean its amazing.

19. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weird that it really is the entire team. I know some of the guys more familiar with the French team point out cancers like Gallas, Anelka, Evra, etc. but everyone?

20. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His dress is.......interesting, to say the least.

21. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from F365:

22. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How true are half of those things?

Especially this one:

"Anelka and Ribery don't like Gourcoff is in the first team, won't pass to him or let him take free kicks"

I half believe it because Anelka blows at set pieces.

23. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This team is fallling apart, how embarrassing for the French fans.

24. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You French have the most difunctional team I have ever seen at this level. There is hate for all and love for none. You guys remind me of the Mikwaukee Bucks last season with Ray Allen, Sam Cassell, and Glenn Robinson. The world of talent but could not get alone and feud ended their season before it started.

25. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of it was written tongue in cheek I think, like: