News: France / Cameroun France / Ecosse

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by StarrMatthieu, May 7, 2016.

1. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Thanks, I'm not an idiot. Clearly I was implying that he deserved to be there in the place of someone else.

Not that he's so good that we should get an extra spot just for him. :rolleyes:

2. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Lots of Atletico supporters will be blaming Griezmann for missing that penalty. Hope it doesnt affect him too much.

3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No, they won't. They adore him and they know they are lucky to have him.

They are not the ungrateful type of supporters anyway.

soji22 repped this.
  4. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  5. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Of course it's tough. I'm sure he will be depressed about it for a long time and I'm sure the ATM fans are going to be upset at what could have been. And he may blame himself as most players would, but the Atletico fans won't. It's not like they are Real Madrid fans. ;) The Atletico supporters are very loyal as a fan base in general, but especially so to a star like him who has been very loyal to them despite being chased by the European elite.

Those tweets are just unfortunately a part of the game now. He was crying when we got knocked out of the WC, but I think when it comes time to play again, he's always able to put the past behind him (at least temporarily) and focus on the task at hand.

That said, what an unworthy European champion this season.

lefutur repped this.
  6. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Excited for the tournament!!! I wanted to go with one of my Doctor friends in France to see 2-3 matches but he's on rounds. We both wanted to see a France home match in addition to Belgium/Sweden (he likes Zlatan, I like De Bruyne), and a Germany match (for obvious reasons)

Just did my bracket thing on UEFA.com and have Belgium beating France in the final 2-1

Attached Files:

7. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    wow Coman. Great assist.

8. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Rami coming up short already. 1-1

9. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Giroud! what a great volley!

10. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That pass from Pogba!!!! :inlove:

soji22 and lefutur repped this.
  11. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    some scary stuff at the back from france. evra's left side very vulnerable.

Pandore repped this.
  12. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Coman and Payet were the outstanding players of the first half. Evra and Sagna were poor.

13. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I have a confession to make: I've kinda liked Payet for a while now. I know, it's wrong and I feel dirty for saying it. :(

soji22 repped this.
  14. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    You're actually fashionable now. Definitely not awhile ago though.

15. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    oh man. If that Pogba shot had gone in....

16. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    For a PSG supporter? It'll never be fashionable to like him. ;)

lefutur repped this.
  17. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    there we go, Cameroon equalize with poor defensive work by Rami and Koscielny. Could be the theme of the tournament.

Pandore repped this.
  18. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Payet!!!

Who needs defense????

LOL

Pandore and soji22 repped this.
  19. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Don't get too excited. We'll need a real defense against the likes of Germany and Spain. :D

StarrMatthieu and soji22 repped this.
  20. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That was an absolutely stunning free-kick from Payet. He is becoming another Juninho Pernambucano -- people expect him to score from every other free-kick. He seems to be a player who had been waiting for the opportunity to showcase his talent on the biggest of stages, and he is taking it with great gusto. Rumor has it that Real Madrid are interested. I support l'OM in France so I have always been a fan.

It looks like if France win the Euros this year, it will be largely down to have a potent attack. I think one solution to the defense dilemma might be to opt for a four-man midfield with either Diarra or Kante in the holding role. I imagine Deschamps will figure it out.

Pogba's long pass on Giroud's goal was sheer quality. In fact, all three goals were stunning in execution. More of the same versus Scotland, thank you.

21. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    that defense needs alot of work ... and to miss out on benzema is not good. our middle field is not as good as i believe it should be .. i feel it is too static .. a velbuana would have helped .. how did he not make it to the team yet cabaye made it

our players better turn up for the tournament

22. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Dont forget that we were missing Griezmann. Valbuena had an extremely poor season. He wouldn't be of any help. I think the midfield is fine. Kante looked better than Lass for sweeping up in front of the backline. The first half the defense was under a lot of pressure but as the game went on they settled into the game better, despite that second goal that came off a free kick and a non-call for dangerous play on Koscielny. That said, I'm not sure if Rami is the best option to be his partner in central defense. He was obviously nervous and feeling the pressure of replacing Varane at a moments notice and will probably get better after a few games but still.

23. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I believe that DD switched to a 2 striker approach in the second half of the Cameroon game. I'd like to see that against Scotland with Griezmann and Giroud/Gignac up top, and Payet in the playmaker role.

soji22 repped this.
  24. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    gameiro and ben arfa would have added more versetillity to france, ben arfa quicknesss and gameiro expeirence , his more like trezguet .. also playing in finals has made him able to handle pressure quit well .. someone like him could be valuable experience.. becuse that middle field looks very static ... against a well organized team, they could get stack

how do players like cabaye make it but gameiro dont is beyond me

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  25. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Actually I dont normally rate Cabaye but he was good against Cameroon. Got into some great scoring positions and only didnt score because the opposing keeper was having an incredible game.

soji22 repped this.