France-Brazil...the rematch [eventual R].

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Charge!, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    France-Brazil...the rematch.

of sorts :)

And may this lady's tournament be extended for four more days...

[​IMG]

Paul

2. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Well, in about 35 minutes or so, the last Charge-related link to this world cup will be history; Norway is leading South Korea 4-0, while France and Brazil are scoreless at RFK in the second half.

EDIT: Crap. Katia just scored, 58th minute.... 1-0 Brazil.

At least Les Bleues got one 'W', and it's something to build on for the future. I was so looking forward to US-France at Foxboro Wednesday night :(

Paul

3. #2FairFan

#2FairFan New Member

Nov 1, 2002
    GOAL,GOAL,GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

The last kick of the game was a

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!

BY:

PICHON!!!

1/1 final

4. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
  5. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    It doesn't take you much, does it... ;)

6. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Hey, the Eagles are 0-fer September, the Phillies were 0-for-this-week until today (edit); we gotta take what fun stuff there is. :D

There's more; Mitts just indirectly ripped Heinrichs on ESPN2 a new one for having so many injured players on her roster, and said to the effect that maybe that shouldn't have been the case, now that Chastain is on the shelf *coughMacMillanSlatoncough* (my cough, not hers...)

Paul

7. YOMITTS

YOMITTS New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    I have made my case on Heather not being on this team I can't take it anymore

8. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    She told it like it is today; it was beautiful. Hope you saw it :)

Hucles is now out for an indeterminate time with a fractured tibia, which probably was the catalyst for Heather's comments today.

Paul

9. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    "She told it like it is today; it was beautiful. Hope you saw it"

With Slaton and Mac both playing today, I hope Gannon that will give her a plate of crow on Wednesday. Also Cat did pretty good too.

10. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    I didn't see any of the second half - watched the final hour and a half of Veterans Stadium; it was a terrific, touching ceremony.

A good weekend all around; Pichon carries the French on her back to respectability, the US wins Group A (and will take Norway out to the woodshed Wednesday night), and the Vet's closing ceremony was properly stirring.

Paul

11. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Well, after Hucles was injured, the question she posed *was* legitimate; why bring a cadre of walking wounded on your roster instead of putting healthy folks on it?

Paul

12. #2FairFan

#2FairFan New Member

Nov 1, 2002