France - Albania (R)

Discussion in 'Group A - France, Romania, Albania, Switzerland' started by nirvaanfc, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Interesting match. It's sad to see some media sources who are against France. They are really playing good, it's not easy to make a big difference against defensive teams. Only Martial played weaker today.
    Media often considers Adil Rami as the weakest link, but he always plays rational in defence.
    The main problem is the age of Patrice Evra, this is not Man. United dynamics.

Sagna and Koscielny haven't done much, but their defensive roles were good.

Kante and Matuidi are really great players.

After Pogba entered, really big difference without him and Griezmann.

Payet, Giroud, Coman and Gignac afterwards played great. Media turned against French team, Deschamps and they try to create that he wanted to punish Pogba and Griezmann because of weaker Round 1. The story reminds me a lot on World Cups 2002, 2010. Why do they try to spoil something nice.

Varane, Benzema, Ribery would just give new dimension.

22 attempts, 10 went on the goal frame, 1 woodwark, 6 corners, 59% ball possession, 439 completed passes.

Observe the media articles tomorrow, they won't be good, at least in Europe.:rolleyes:

Albania literally suffered tonight. Heroic defence, but not enough.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Don't know about that. The last 4 co-hosts were much weaker teams. Many of them wouldn't have qualified for the tournaments if hosts weren't given an automatic spot. So those examples don't really apply now since a "big" nation is hosting.

3. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No not just Euros but actually look at others:

Germany failed in 2006 World Cup
    Brazil failed in 2014 World Cup

Also look at club football as well which is even more home than the national team.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Those teams weren't that good and yet they made the semifinals. I think those examples prove the opposite. i.e. that home advantage helped them

I'm not sure where to look(?). The top 3 teams in Serie A combined for 2 home losses last season.

5. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think 2006 Germany was a really good team. Not as good as Germany now, but Italy, France, and maybe Brazil were the only teams superior to them.

2014 Brazil you are right about that, LOL, but they actually got a lot of help from the referees. I was pissed off from the Brazil vs Croatia game. They also had some help against Colombia although that was a game with so many fouls, and the referee was under huge stress and pressure.

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I recall there being several teams considered stronger than Germany at that time. Certainly Argentina and Spain could be added to your list. Arguably Netherlands and even England could be considered better too .

Anyway, agree to disagree.

7. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who else has two? I saw this morning that there were 26 joint top scorers on 1 goal each lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I disagree. I expected the games against the Eastern European teams to be frustrating because they both have a defensive style that doesnt allow France to play free flowing football. In the friendlies leading up to the euro thats what happened. Remember that France and Switzerland met in WC 2014 and it was a goalfest. 5-2 for France and I expect another open game this time around.

9. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Swiss are practically guaranteed to advance with the four points they already have, intriguingly though they have a free shot at France to win the group and get an easier run in the tournament. Simple, win and you win the group. Draw and you're still second, lose and you probably still get second...

The Swiss have a great incentive to attack the French.

The Romanian Penaldo, Bogdan Stancu :)

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  10. jeanmarc

jeanmarc Member

Paris Saint Germain
    France
    Aug 7, 2009
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah because Italy looked so good against Sweden...