Fran!???!

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by mickeycee(uk), Aug 30, 2004.

1. mickeycee(uk)

mickeycee(uk) New Member

Aug 20, 2004
    Can anyone tell me what has happened to Fran??? has he now left ??? i heard he was going,and if he has why and where????

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    As far as I know Fran is still with Depor. He's had a lot of problems this offseason though. First of all, he thinks Depor owe him money. They claim they renegociated his contract, but he claims he never agreed to it, or he didn't agree to that big of a pay cut. His next problem is, he has been injured. That's why he hasn't found his way onto the pitch. I don't think he quit Depor and I think they resolved the money problems, but I really haven't heard anything about that recently.

3. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Fran might need surgery on his right knee. He really hasn't been able to practice because of this injury problem. This would be a sad way to see him end his career.

4. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Im beginning to worry about the team. Some players are falling apart too early in the season and we dont have the depth to replace them. And the president screaming about the need to respect the roster....hmmm. :eek:

5. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I have to agree with you, like so many other Depor supporters. We don't have the same depth we had last season, so one injury to a key person and it maybe lights out for us.

6. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    Really, why are Depor not spending money? They've been in the champions league for the past few seasons, surely they can afford at least a couple highly rated youngsters to breathe some fresh air onto the team? Where's all the money going?

Fran's injured now, so Luque will have that spot sewn up. I'm not a big fan of Luque - he's talented with a great left foot, but he seems to disappear when the going gets tough, and doesn't look like he enjoys playing on the wing anyway. Fran is one of my favourite Depor players, highly intelligent and skilful, if not quick. I have a feeling that without him, Luque might relax his efforts a bit. Deportivo needs some fresh blood, and fast.

7. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I too would like to know what Depor does with all the money they've been making the past few season. But here are a couple possiblities.

1. Our huge debt. Only Barcelona has a larger debt in Spain (funny how they could spend money, but we couldn't). Maybe most of the money is going to pay off the debt problems we have. But from what I understood, our debts were very "manageble", whatever that means.

2. As Nutmeg pointed out in another thread, we are trying to build a new Riazor. But in order to do so, we need money. We are trying to get the la Coruna government to spend major money to help pay for it. I guess we are claiming we don't have a lot of money, so if we go out and buy a lot of high priced players, obviously are finanical status isn't as bad as we claim to the government.

3. I have to question the way we do business. Too many times I've read that we try and make payments instead of just paying out right. This is what probably leads the debt we are in. If we would have paid Murcia in cash, we would have gotten our man, but we wanted to do it in payments. That makes no sense to me.

Albert Luque is my favorite player on Depor, so you won't hear me saying anything bad about him. He definitely is a striker, and probably doesn't like playing on the wing, but I think he does a good job there, running down that flank at defenders. Remember what he did in the first half against Milan? Fran isn't the player he used to be, and with this knee problem, we'll see how effective he truly can be. But don't get me wrong, Fran was and still is great, but his time is coming to an end.

8. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    I also remember what he did the whole game against Porto, or what he didn't do. That's my problem with him, his inconsistency. It's not down to lack of form, but lack of effort sometimes. I don't think he's worthy of a Spanish NT position at the moment.

9. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I have to agree and that's why he hasn't been picked recently, although Romero, Victor and Valeron have.

10. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    How old is Fran?....did he find the fountain of youth.

11. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    He is 35 years old, his date of birth is 14 July 1969. I doubt he found the fountain of youth, because it seems his old age is catching up with him.