Fox Sports International has bought Liga rights

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by lazaro, Sep 11, 2002.

1. tpm

tpm New Member

Sep 28, 2000
    Long Beach, CA
    Just checked and the Saturday game has disappeared, but the Sunday match survived.

2. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    Re: Re: Fox Sports International has bought Liga rights

Tse confirmed this fact in today's e-mail update. Betis caused the problem.

3. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Re: Re: Re: Fox Sports International has bought Liga rights

You are incorrect Betis did not cause the problem. AudioVisual the cable conglomorate had not paid Betis for the television rights to last years games per the contract. Betis's president Manuel Ruiz de Lopera refused to allow television camera access to the stadium until he was paid the monies owed to him.

As of today AudioVisual has paid him the remaining monies and the game WILL be televised in Spain. I imagine that the FSW will be scrambling today and maybe tomorrow to get their end squared away to offer the retransmission of the game here for US viewers.

You can't blame Lopera after seeing what has happened to the Bundesliga and now Greek league regarding bankrupt media who can no longer pay the teams for the television rights to their games.

viva er eurobeti manque alfonso y lopera!

Pichi

4. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Fox Sports International has bought Liga rights

I stand corrected.

5. Azabache

Azabache Member

Nov 22, 1998
    Essex Co.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I see La Primera as a sort of a mix of Serie A and EPL. Hard tackling and technical proficiency "a la italiana" mixed with the kind of excitement found in England. Head and shoulders more attractive than Serie A, creative players generally find more space there to do their thing. The spectacle, or beautiful play, is as appreciated there as the result. That's how Cúper and van Gaal could win and still be bitterly criticized by the mob.