Fox Sports amateur hour

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by dspence2311, Nov 21, 2022.

1. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Signal from Qatar lost twice already today before first match. Now watching endless string of ads. Good job Foxy.

Winoman and schrutebuck repped this.
  2. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    And then there’s this

3. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    These ********ers better get this shit sorted out by 2pm eastern or there is going to be a riot (in my house)

4. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Fox’s decision to let Qatari companies sponsor their coverage is clearly influencing things. But my goodness, even their features are ads for someone (Harry Kane/StatsSports piece). Their coverage appears to be just completely for sale.

5. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Yeah..
    When they opened up that interview pitching a product….that made me throw up in my mouth a little. This is such a gross World Cup.

6. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    And I am against censoring the other side too. I have no problem with telling positive stories about Qatar. We need to relearn how to be learners rather than lobbyists all the time. Social media has warped our brains by turning us all into lobbyists rather than learners. We don’t even want to hear info that contradicts our way-too-hastily-formed beliefs. But Fox Sports is just prostituting itself here. Don’t know if it is correctable, as these sponsorship agreements may be tying their hands. But it is inexcusable either way.

“Be curious, not judgmental” (which Walt Whitman never said) is much wiser, more profound, more important, and more timely advice than many people realize.

7. umop_apisdn

umop_apisdn Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Midwest
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're really going to commercials now after anthems?

Thanks, Fox.

majspike, acima and Winoman repped this.
  8. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    An Iranian player spoke out publicly against his nation’s human rights violations. Courage isn’t impossible, Fox.

9. dan96man

dan96man Member

Charlotte FC
    United States
    Dec 30, 2021
    Planning on getting the local fox signal over the air but if that isn’t consistent I’ll pony up for Fubo or something

Winoman and CalvinB repped this.
  10. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008
    Telemundo is the way

Winoman repped this.
  11. SCBozeman

SCBozeman Member

Jun 3, 2001
    St. Louis
    ^^^
    Or Peacock for streaming, which is what I'm doing. And I don't even speak Spanish.

Dyvel repped this.
  12. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can stream the replays of all games on Tubi for free (with commercials) when you get home from work.

Winoman repped this.
  13. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If any of you have Telemundo, you can switch to that channel for USA vs Wales, instead of watching it on Fox.

Winoman and jaykoz3 repped this.
  14. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    I don't like Iran's regime at all, but somehow all the broadcasters can talk about is domestic strife in Iran leading to poor play,

Meanwhile, everyone is picking Brazil to win, despite that country being on the edge of civil war.

Wendigo7, acima, TheEmptyBucket and 6 others repped this.
  15. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    The biggest complaint I have had about Fox coverage has been that they've never made a world cup feel different than a CONCACAF u20 women's tournament. The coverage never feels elevated.

16. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    I can't stand snark, and Abdo is the queen of it. Won't watch anything she hosts. Lucky for me - limits my exposure to the Qatari propaganda.

dspence2311 repped this.
  17. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Weird. I like her. To each his own I guess. Seems like the only grownup on the CBS desk to me.

18. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    The hotel I’m staying at has a poltergeist screwing up Fox on the television. It’s like a 1999 DirecTV signal on a cloudy day. I’m in the process of hooking up the trusty Roku player.

Winoman and RalleeMonkey repped this.
  19. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    I'm guessing you like snark. I'm not a fan. Like you said, to each his own. Or, as they used to say down south ... they ain't no accountin for taste.

Peace. Go USA!

20. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I guess I don’t catch the snark. I mostly see her with that Paramount crew Carragher, Richards, Henry. The first two are constantly clowning in that laughing-too-hard NFL broadcast kind of way. She manage that mess pretty well. And Henry is an imperious type whose ego she also manages pretty well. And she’s smart as hell. I guess I just haven’t seen the snark.

21. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    I was watching her translate 4 languages one right after the other (the last one might have been Scouse!) during a CL game. She's very good.

22. 7211

7211 World Class

Jun 28, 2010
    I love all the clowns and hypocrites in this thread. Outraged about human rights and poor broadcast quality. “Oh, the humanity! But I won’t turn away. I WILL watch those ads.”

shut up

23. umop_apisdn

umop_apisdn Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Midwest
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Incredible whataboutism there.

24. 7211

7211 World Class

Jun 28, 2010
    Swing and a miss

25. bakerkdb

bakerkdb Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Norwich City FC
    I'm not sure why the BBC chose to air a hit piece instead of playing the opening ceremony but that's their choice. From what I've seen in UK press it wasn't universally accepted.

Gary Lineker though, is a dyed in the wool communist. Believe me he would love to put a hit piece out on the evil US in 2026 if the BBC would let him. Very anti-American. Cant stand that arrogant prick.

Three and Three and Rossonero23 repped this.