Fox Sky Sports??

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by dm3mdgtr, Nov 3, 2004.

1. dm3mdgtr

dm3mdgtr Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Mckinney, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Does anybody know why FSS didn't show our highlights on last nights show? I sped home specifically to see our games highlights and there was nothing. They talked about it but had no video. They had video of every other game from yesterday though. Frustrating.

2. JCGooner

JCGooner New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Michael Moore supports Arsenal so Rupert Murdoch refused to air our highlights !!- seriously I have no idea but the coverage of all our CL games has been skimpy - maybe that's what happens when we constantly flatter to deceive.

3. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

It was a bad game and theres no point in watching the Hi-Lites.

Henry scored off a "Soft" Penalty Call.

The other team got a penalty and one of the players Hit it over the Net.

Reyes Hit the Post

And Cygan Hit scored an Own Goal with a bullet of a header.

The Ref Had a Good Game :D .

We could of lost this 2-0.

-N1

4. gooner_913

gooner_913 New Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Sky Sports News Or Fos Sports Report?

Either Way It Is A Rights Issue. Jeremy St Louis Has Talked About It In Another Thread-maybe Sky Didn't Show The Match In The Uk, Or It Was Live On Setantas Ppv Yesterday.

5. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    Sky Sports News didn't show any highlights but the Fox Sports World Report did show the highlights at 10 p.m., infact our game was the first highlight or the show.

6. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    sometimes they show highlights the day after the game, most likely a rights issue.

7. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    Sky sports news rarely show goals highlights directly after a game, except Coca-Cola Championship. Must be to do with rights?

8. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Sky Sports Sucks.

They talk to much about Cricket and Rugby.

Like I give a F.... If There was "White Wash" at Lischershire today.

Times like this im glad I got rid of my Satellite.

-N1

9. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    it's times like this that make me question how the human race has survived this long.

A person who can not understand the concept of "if you don't like it change the channel" can get so much rep, but other more insightful, interesting, and frankly more intelligent people don't.

10. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well now, that's what rep whoring threads are for. ;)

11. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    If you want REP so bad you just have to ask.. I hook you up later :cool: Oh and Theres nothing elese on at 7 p.m. so I dont change the chanell.

-N1

12. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nothing else on at 7? Surely you jest. I am spoiled for choice, what with the Simpsons, Seinfeld and The Daily Show all on at 7 PM as well as Sky Sports News.

13. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

Ive seen every episode of Seinfield and The Simpsons is getting.......

BORRRRRRING
    [​IMG]

-N1

14. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    i am not interested in getting rep myself. i mean there are tons of people here more deserving of it than you. and the "rep clique" threads just make the concept of having rep points here worthless.

sorry for going off-topic. sky sports news doesn't show a lot of highlights of the top leagues because they don;t have the rights to. the rights are distributed differently in canada so fox sports world report DOES get the rights.

15. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    sometimes FSW doesn't even show highlights, which pisses me off when I stay up to watch the midnight CST replay

16. bergkamp10

bergkamp10 New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    In Canada, we don't get Sky Sports News anymore. It was cut-off in September because of the increased costs of syndicating additional Premiership games. To be honest with you, I don't miss it. The FSW Report is good enough.

In addition, some of the stories that Sky broadcasted were ridiculous. For example, prior to the second Manchester Derby last season, Sky interviewed a local cook about the special derby sandwiches that he prepares in lieu of the match. What stuck out about this story was how he took and order for a ham and cheese sandwich from a ManU fan. "Okay sir, I will put some Nicky Butter on this Ole Bunner, with a few slices of Roy Cheese and a slab of SheringHAM." For God sakes, I had to have therapy after I heard this. What made this even more annoying was that the cook was shaking butt concurrently.

The crazy thing is that this was nearly topped by a story that Sky ran on the Merseyside derby, which focussed on a family owned South Asian restaurant that prepares blue and red curry. Apparently, the owner has two identical twins that support opposing sides. The scene focussed on the twins having dinner, whilst wearing their respective colours, and their mother giving blue curry to the Liverpool fan and red curry to the Everton supporter. The reaction from both twins was, "Mommmmm!" Then the orders were switched. Then the scene switched back to the newsdesk and the presenter said, "Eww, I hate curry." How pointless was that?

17. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    yeah human interest stories suck. I guess I am in a unique position of having access to both the american and canadian versions of Fox Sports World. I watch sky sports sometimes for the newspaper segment. Pretty much the rest of the show I don't pay attention to.

18. ArsenalGooner

ArsenalGooner Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    How does one get access to both versions of FSW?

19. dm3mdgtr

dm3mdgtr Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Mckinney, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It was bizarre. It was their show at 7PM EST. I'm pretty sure it's called Fox Sky Report. They showed highlights of every game and this was on match day. The only thing they showed about us was Reyes walking off the pitch and he had just take his shirt off. I couldn't believe it.

20. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    if it had fox in the name it was Fox Sports World Report and they certainly showed a lot of highlights. It led the whole show. You are thinking of Sky Sports News. they probably did not have the rights to the game's highlights

21. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    hacked satellite dish. i get Bell ExpressVu and Dish Network with it.

22. AjaxGunner

AjaxGunner New Member

Mar 18, 2004
    I remember that one, now currently eating away at a few brain cells. I also noticed the Preview Show has added some fluff, like following female fans and Groundskeeper Willy through the season. "I like to keep the pitch flat." Enough, already.