Forth Eorlingas - Stoke City v. The Arsenal, Saturday, August 19 2017 1730 GMT

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by mebeSajid, Aug 16, 2017.

1. banco

banco Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Arsenal suck on FIFA too.

heyheyTony repped this.
  2. cantona94

cantona94 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Predict the inevitable Wenger panic buy that won't get used...

daedalus and Fifty repped this.
  3. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Lets change the ownership first which in return will cull the current passive board

4. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Keep playing until you win.

5. cantona94

cantona94 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repped for masochistic tendencies....that's every Arsenal fan these days.

daedalus and thebigman repped this.
  6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm very happy in my life it's just this addiction to Arsenal that depresses me in a sports sense

Mad to think I'm more optimistic about Philly than Arsenal this season lol

Trust the process

daedalus repped this.
  7. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. And yet we beat Chelsea in the Shield. Meanwhile ManU have 2 clean sheets in first 2 matches with +8 GD. After being whipped by Madrid in the UEFA super cup. Football's a funny old game.

8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Real Madrid vs Real Madrid is Fifa these days

banco, danielh, DaPrince84 and 1 other person repped this.
  9. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Let me guess. Wenger will come out to say zat we have stroooong spirrit, goood qualiteee in za team, Sanchez is staying, za ref was noot goood, we believe we will compete for za title, other teams are spending too much moneiii, and there are no qualitie players to buy in za market.

NorthBank, Fifty and cantona94 repped this.
  10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Uh I zink zat we uuuh played very well uh

Fifty and ZIAD repped this.
  11. cantona94

cantona94 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "We should have won the game comfortably" - direct quote from Wenger, among other usual statements.

ZIAD repped this.
  12. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Comedy man.

13. cantona94

cantona94 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Posted this in the transfer thread but gonna post it here too as it's about today's game.
    Robbie Mustoe just nailed it...says it almost doesn't matter who we buy because "the coach doesn't coach the team to be secure to be a unit defensively."

Said the goal we conceded today is so Arsenal.

We can "go buy another striker, go and buy another defender, go and buy another wide player because the coaching of that club is not right to be strong enough, to be driven enough to win a title."

14. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The optimist in me knew this team would lose games, including some that they "shouldn't." Their overall form was strong and it's not hard to close my eyes and imagine this turning into a 3-0 or 3-1 win for Arsenal.

The realist, however, knows this script and understands that until Arsenal wins games like this the season will play out the same each time. At the absolute least Arsenal has to be good enough to get a goal on days like today, against opponents like Stoke if they ever want to get more than 75 pts in the table. Absolutely necessary, even/especially if the calls don't go their way.

Instead we get this:
    ...and this:
    And you don't need to be an NBC analyst to recognize the whole is not greater than the sum of its parts, and that the parts are not those of a title contender. As one analyst did point out, Plan A isn't working and the options after that aren't looking so great. Arsene continues to try and strike gold in buying talent just below elite levels, but in a league that's grown far more competitive since he inherited the Gunners that won't yield league challenges without a whole lot of fate and/or some far better coaching and managing. Only now he's just doing it with a more expensive payroll.

I'll get over this, but man this is f***ing excruciating to watch all that talent being so slow with their passes, standing around, and otherwise visually demonstrating the gulf in talent between them and Citeh.

banco, IAH-Gooner and cantona94 repped this.
  15. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know why we lost and why our season is doomed. We have no proper yellow away kit!! :mad:

ArsenalMetro repped this.
  16. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    P.s. If you ever needed evidence of possession not meaning a whole lot in terms of results, today's Game is that evidence. We had 77% of possession. Wow.

17. cantona94

cantona94 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah saw that, just crazy.

18. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just don't understand why Wenger wanted to re sign. Just to run the team more into the ground?

Fifty and cantona94 repped this.
  19. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm not sure how else to say it anymore. Wenger just won't accept that talent isn't the determining factor to success. Bellerin is a RB, not a RWB, not a RW, not a LWB not a RCB. He has one role that he is good to great at RB.

Just madness watching how he sets the team up, I actually think the squad is good enough to win the title. Wenger is the handbrake for this team not talent or squad diversity.

banco repped this.
  20. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly why I believe we do NOT need to sign another CB, or RB, or LB.

I really believe, and many will disagree with me, that our squad is good enough for a legit title challenge. Ozil, Mustafi, Per have big roles with the reigning World Cup champions.

Kosc, Laca, Giroud, Ramsey, Xhaka, Alexis play darn well for their national teams. Some pretty solid countries to boot. Bellerin is good enough that Barca were chasing him.

It's not the players. Sometimes you can't buy your way out of mediocrity. We have the players. We don't have the discipline. We don't have the good rotation once the season gets going.

Every team has dead weight, but the best teams don't rely on that dead weight due to a flawed system and tactics.

daedalus and banco repped this.
  21. cantona94

cantona94 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So our dead weight is in the worst possible position then....the manager's spot.

22. Boondock

Boondock Member

Jul 21, 2010
    We have no leaders. The team is full of mental fragility. The players AND the coach are not good enough. To think that if we just changed the manager we would make top 4 (let alone challenge for the title, that is laughable!) is arguable.

Alexis and Ozil are class. Kos is a good CB. Laca is decent, but not as good as Lukaku or Morata. Giroud is a good impact sub. Hopefully Kolasinic comes good. Ox has done pretty well in recent times. The rest I can't be bothered with (I may keep Ramsey around) and should be jettisoned.

23. cantona94

cantona94 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wenger slammed the defense today saying it started too sluggish. This from the man who decided to play the players out of position...

daedalus repped this.
  24. Fifty

Fifty Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He loves the control, money and is scared to death of not managing. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with Arsenal.

cantona94 repped this.
  25. cantona94

cantona94 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wenger also said he wasn't convinced by our central defense today. Again, from the man who started a left back as the middle defender.

daedalus repped this.