forgotten everything

Discussion in 'Player' started by SCP_16, Oct 20, 2004.

1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ok, i have decent ball control an good jukes. However, today during practice, it seemed as though i had forgotten everything. My jukes were sloppy and I kept screwing up. I thought that maybe i was just having a bad day or maybe i am tired seeing as i have gone to soccer practice these past 2 weeks. Has this ever happened to anyone? any suggestions?

2. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    This is going to sound awful, but if I've got a game or a practice that's RIGHT after work and I don't have time to get there early and stretch/warm up, etc I often have WAAAAAAY better touches and strikes. Then I'll strech at halftime to try and make sure I'm not the walking dead the next day.

Try getting out there and playing a while without any stretch or warmup.

3. southckid10

southckid10 New Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Connecticut
    wow

dont take servortrons advice...u need to warm-up...if you just go right into playing your giving your body no time to get loose.. if you dont warm-up and u start knocking balls your more prone to pull a muscle than if you warm-up...

i know what you mean ive had plenty of "off" days..all i can say is focus, and THINK...if you keep doing bad u might be in a slump..it happens to all of us so dont worry just keep your head in the game :)

4. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    Like I said, my advice is going to sound awful, but I can't deny that it seems to be the truth in my situation. Just sharing that.

It may very well be that it's just the right thing to let your training take over and not worry about things so much. If you've got the instinct for good touches, shots, etc then dont worry so much about warming up with a ball. How's that? Warm up by stretching and jogging a bit, but don't bother kicking a ball around before the game. I'm not recommending this for everyone, all the time.. just try it once to see if it gives your learned skills a kick-start (no pun intended)

5. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    Didn't you had a strenght training the day before your practice?