Foresters everywhere

Discussion in 'Premier League Clubs' started by Marvellous Hairwould, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Marvellous Hairwould

Oct 1, 2003
    Nottingham
    Come on everybody - where are you guys? Lets get this place going.

2. rudeboy

rudeboy Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Kansas City
    i'm here

I'm a proud Forest supporter here in the heart of America. Been a tricky tree fan since I was just a young lad.

This years campaign is off to a good start, near the top of the table and with a positive goal differential. Can we get promotion without Johnson up front scoring consistantly like last season? Andy Reid seems to be picking up his fair share of the load as does Marlon Harewood. Go Trees.

3. Lewin9

Lewin9 Red Card

Oct 23, 2003
    Ellistown, UK
    Current form

Another trickie tree fan here !! Early form has been good but after a sticky patch, a great 6-0 win against Wimbledon has probably raised some much needed confidence. Marlon and Reidy are scoring freely at the moment, which is good, but more need to get in on the act. A good point at West ham last night shows just what we are capable of. We can be the best, so come on ....... YOUUUUUU
    Redssssssssssss !!

Deano.

Got anything to say about English football ?
    Then come and join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnglishFootball/
    and let us know your thoughts on anything that concerns the English game.

4. rudeboy

rudeboy Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Kansas City
    I can't wait for Johnson to come back off the injury. With him and Harewood and Reid scoring there is no stopping us.

5. Lewin9

Lewin9 Red Card

Oct 23, 2003
    Ellistown, UK
    DJ

Totally agree with you. The sooner DJ is back the better, then Taylor can take his rightful place on the bench.

Deano.

6. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i like forest. got into them when Ben Olsen came to DC United.

Richmond, Virginia born and raised.
    Go DC!

7. rudeboy

rudeboy Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Kansas City
    Stern John

Anyone know what ever happend to Stern John after leaving the City Ground? I know he was still under contract by the MLS's Columbus Crew but I haven't seen him in MLS for a while.

8. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forest fan from Big D, the Republic of Texas. Promotion this year!

Saw Ben this season, gave me a thumbs up for showing my Forest scarf, and later signed it.

Stern John is under the radar. I have not hearnd anything from him.

Forest managment could take a page from David Platt and come across the pond. Plenty of talent here, enough to ensure promotion. Bring in the high priced talent with all that quid that comes with promotion. Not to mention all those fair weahter fans that will come back to see an EPL team. City Ground must be twice the size I was last there. Hell, I used to give them a fiver and get change back to stand in the Trent End.

Brian Clough is football genius.
    YOOUUUUU REEEEEEEEEEEEDDSSSSSS!

9. rudeboy

rudeboy Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Kansas City
    money problems

Forest is having money problems so I don't think buying high priced talent is the issue. They ahave a very solid team on a shoestring budget as it is. The are easily talented enough to get promoted this year and are looking to be a stronger team then last season. They just need to keep the pace up and not lose to lessor teams like they allowed themselves to do last season. Forest have a way of playing up to or down to their competition. They need to play consistant ball week in week out. I hope to see Forest back in the top flight next season!

10. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Although I'm a Wolves fan at heart, I have a soft spot for Forest. Began watching football in '78 when Forest won their only league title and followed up with two European Cups. I was actually hoping for a Wolves-Forest Div 1 playoff final last May so that I'd definately have someone to root for in the Prem. Thank goodness Wolves shut that Neil Warnock up!
    Hope Forest gain promotion this time. :)

11. lil_dra

lil_dra New Member

Apr 10, 2004
    sup' yall, im frm nottingham & im a notts forest fan. Still cant believe they sold marlon 2 west ham! jus 4 those wonderin, stern john now plays 4 birmingham city.

12. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stern John is at Birminghman City.

With the last name of Sherwood, Nottingham Forrest holds a soft spot in my heart. I actually have a friend studying at the University of Nottingham, the first thing that happened when he got there, some people took him to a Forrest game. He is normally a reserved person, but his e-mail was funny. He said that the other team cheated to win. It was great too see how quickly a non-soccer fan can get caught up in soccer given the right situiation. By this I mean actually going to a match, not just watching it on TV.

13. Lewin9

Lewin9 Red Card

Oct 23, 2003
    Ellistown, UK
    What a great job Joe Kinnear has done in resurrecting our season. My hat goes off to him, and i take back my pessimism when his appointment was announced.

Deano.

14. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Been a tricky tree supporter since 77, living here in San Jose Calfornia!

Pichi