Foreigners in Argentina: Los Extranjeros de Primera (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by locoxriver, Sep 8, 2010.

1. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Too bad River let Boca scout two of Colombia's top 2 DFM youngsters in Seba Perez(Atl Nacional) and Barrios (Dep Tolima). Both have already had senior minutes with the senior squad, with Seba having been in outstanding form most of last year for Atl Nacional and NT.

They than sign for Boca Jrs and have both been mostly bench warmers --meanwhile that's a position River could have benefitted from quite a bit...and meanwhile Fabra, somehow gets plenty of starting nods...go figure.

locoxriver repped this.
  2. victorcalello38

Feb 28, 2017
    Club:
    Montevideo Wanderers FC
    Ayovi se fue del tomba?

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Quite a bit of "unusual" foreigners in Argentina this season:

21-year-old Senegalese defender Ousmane N'Dong signed with Lanus in 2018 and made his first-team debut last year.. His story is both interesting and sad in many ways, including this unfortunate anecdote:

Como si esto no fuese suficiente, también debió vivir con otra pandemia que afecta profundamente a este costado del mundo: “Sí, me chorearon. Me dijeron bienvenido a Argentina. Estaba operado, volví a casa, me apuntaron con una pistola y se llevaron las cosas. Yo vivo en Villa Urquiza. No me asusté, pero me sorprendí. No me lo esperaba."

19-year-old Brazilian Lenny Lobato debuted in Velez the other day...

Guilherme Parede (Talleres) is the other Brazilian in our league, although he doesn't feature much. However he did play 30 minutes in Talleres' season-opener over the weekend vs. Patronato.

Huracan forward Norberto Briasco Balekian is Argentine-born but of Armenian descent and has even played 5 times for their senior NT already..

Joel Soñora (Talleres) and Matko Miljevic (Argentinos Juniors) both have connections to Argentina through their parents, although they were both born in the United States and have even represented the American U-20 NT. Furthermore, the latter is of Croatian and Bosnian descent and as a result has been in contact with the Croatian federation about representing their national side.

Patronato defender Dylan Gissi was born in Switzerland, although both of his parents are from Argentina, so I don't know how much he counts...

Luis Abram and Carlos Zambrano, the two Peruvian players that come to mind, have been fundamental to Velez and Boca's defenses, respectively.

In the lower divisions Cameroonian forward Moustapha Ngae A Bissene is representing Sacachispas.. I know there is more of a history of African players in the ascenso, so there might be other Africans actively playing there that I am unaware of.

Then of course there are the usual Colombian, Uruguayan, Paraguayan, and Chilean stars making a splash in Primera, although that is to be expected...

megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mexican forward Luca Martinez Dupuy just scored a goal in the Rosario derby to make it a historic 3-0 in Rosario Central's favor

The first Mexican (and player from North America in general) to ever score in an Argentine clasico

megamac20817 repped this.