For your reading pleasure.

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Naco, Jun 29, 2005.

1. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    I think we are lucky to have Ray Hudson, he's entertaining, knows the game and comes up with some great gems :)

Still waiting for him to send his granny to show Cerritos how to finish though.

2. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Okay, I did get a reply now:

To: Not willing to write my name

Thanks for the email, great to hear from passionate fans like yourself.

Unfortuantely, your opinion is just as valid as mine and it is a shame
    simple banter has been taken to a personal level, proves the truth always
    hurts to some degree. It seems foolish to think respect would be a
    possbility.

Why is it that something negative is seen as a positive? I never heard of
    anyone/group of fans, embarrasing themselves and all the fans screaming it's
    good for soccer? You mentioned you were a Man Utd fan so I know you know
    what class is all about, I just never heard of something like this being
    spun into a positive for soccer in the MLS. That's like saying, when fans
    run out on the field to interrupt or disrupt an event, it shows their
    passion and the fact they care makes the sport more legitimate? If soccer
    fans starting fighting in the crowd and throwing flares, would you compare
    the passion to crazed fans worldwide and feel the league has arrived? Too
    bad soccer and class isn't part of the equation for you and couple of others
    who share your same valid opinion.

Sorry you have been under a rock for the past 8 years and don't know who I
    am or what I do, frankly I never knew you existed before your email. What
    soccer pedigree do you have? Know this, your favorites Eric Wynalda and Ray
    Hudson seek me out for advice, don't believe me, call 'em, I have their
    numbers in my blackberry.

Appreciate your point of view, just too bad reciprocity eludes the
    weak-minded.

Allen A. Hopkins

3. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    And my reply to Mr. Hopkins

For what it's worth my name is in my email adress.

As regards taking it to a personal level I think that you initiated this with all San Jose fans when you made the low comment about our team being in Houston next year. This is a very sore subject for a group of loyal (to the team not to former Primadonnas) fans who have continued to support a team while AEG do their best to stab them in the back year after year.

I never once in any post I have written have condoned violence in football, so I'm not sure what your reference was about. And if you have never witnessed a group of fans giving a returning player a hard time then I would seriusly question what level of experience you have in the great game of football. If you had ever followed the European leagues you would have witnessed this type of activity many times, it's a part of the game. As stated before, Landon Donovan got it, and even acknwledged that the passion he saw was good for MLS. I was not at all embarrassed by my own or any of the San Jose fans behaviour; as a matter of fact I am quite proud of them all.

I don't think I have been under a rock, I have noticed most, if not all of the serious contributions to the game over here. As for my pedigree, I am just a football fan who likes to contribute to the football forums, I never claimed to have a pedigree, but then again I don't provide commentry on the MLS official site and on television. You didn't answer my question by the way, what has been your contribution to football in this or any other country?

Unlike you, I do not find it unfortunate that different opinions exist, that's what makes life and football interesting.

Regards,

Tony

4. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    What a pompous pr^ck!!!!!!

5. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a pretty harsh reply. Allen Hopkins is just bitter because the Quakes got more Mls cups then the galaxy.:D

6. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

This guy proves what a tool he is with this comment..... :rolleyes: .....i'm embarrassed for him. :eek:

7. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Yeah, I'm so jealous, I don't have their numbers cos I've been stuck under a rock all these years.

8. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    "I have their numbers in my blackberry"......sorry, I just read it again.....this just says "pompous".....cubed. Can you say Dooooooooouche-Bag?

He should stick with the automated e-mail response that he sent most of us.

9. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice know to that dog is pedigreed. Can't believe they'd allow that though. Certainly doesn't seem like a good breed to me....

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the situation was reversed, he would've undoubtedly been praising the booing Fallacy fans for their passion and loyalty. :rolleyes:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

11. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Must have been a disappointment to the breeders, though...

12. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Don't worry, his bark is worse than his bite.

13. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, they probably shouldn't have mated cousins to produce his breed....

:p

14. JMichaels

JMichaels New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Let's continue the hockey analogy.

San Jose Sharks fans truly love Eddie "the Eagle" Belfour. Eddie chose to leave the Sharks to play for their rival the Stars.

Eddie left San Jose to be with a contender for the Stanley Cup.
    LD chose to leave San Jose to be with Bianca and his mommy.

15. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it would have been better if Landon said, "You guys suck so I'm going to LA where I can win a championship."?!

16. Enge

Enge Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Frankenmuth MI
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy is bent. He doesn't get it even when someone sits down and explains it to him.

Hopkins: "Can you imagine David Beckham being booed at Old Trafford?"

Well, yeah. If ManU played Real Madrid in a CL match, the reception SJ gave hewhomustnotbenamed would look like a garden party. If he goes to Chelsea, to be nearer to Beckhingham Palace, the ManU fans would go totally berserk.

The attitude to ownership parallels to our situation are kind of spooky.

Poor Clark. He's the only one to feel bad for with the show of support Saturday. He played very well, though.

17. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FAS -

Good show!!

I'm impressed that AH actually defended himself to you. Granted it was a crappy defense, but his response to me was completely weak-kneed and pathetic. Your first letter must have touched a nerve!!

And as for knowing about passionate soccer fans, that jerk ought to spend an evening with the Portland Timbers Army. Last night they had at least 2000 fans in the supporters section. Roughly half the folks in the crowd. (They drew 5435 last night.) These loonies sang for the full 90. Loud, together, and often really vulgar! And this for a minor league team. Many of them told me that they thought the San Jose fans did a good job against the evil, water-stealing, smog-breathing, league-favored, referree-bribing galactofilth!!

AH is a jerk.

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

18. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

If he is a show dog, wouldn't he have to compete in the neutered category?

19. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And thank goodness! Last thing we need is more of that roaming the earth....

20. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Thanks,
    I was kind of surprised that I didn't get an auto reply too, maybe it was my questioning of his "pedigree" LOL

I hope they add Portland to MLS in the next few years, but after they Earthquakes are settled in a new home in San Jose.

21. JMichaels

JMichaels New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    In LA????

22. blacktide

blacktide Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Allen Hopkins disses the Bay Area

I am surprised no one has called out Allen Hopkins for this rip piece he wrote for the LA Galaxy site.

http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/MLS/new...ent_id=34883&vkey=news_lag&fext=.jsp&team=lag

I used to respect Hopkins, but this goes way over the line. Does he not realize that our booing of Landon was tied to AEG and their poor treatment of us? Of course we respect Landon and appreciate what he did for San Jose. That made our pain that much more acute.

For Hopkins to question the quality of the San Jose fans and to say that we are in "disarray" is just pathetic. The only thing in disarray is the AEG's handling of the Quakes and Landon's situation.

I hope that SSV get us the deal that we need to stay and we keep the Galaxy/Quakes rivalry going for years. This article just fans the flames.....

23. blacktide

blacktide Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Re: Allen Hopkins disses the Bay Area

I missed the other thread already going on this. Moderators, please merge....

24. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos

Check out the thread "For Your Reading Pleasure", he definately got called out :D

25. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You might be able to just delete this thread yourself....go to edit and at the top of the page is the choice to get rid of the whole enchilada.

Do it quickly though...you don't have a lot of time.