Football Styles

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by regentwinger, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clothing style means absolutely nothing. The fact that some guy is wearing bright red boots, low socks, and shirt hanging out doesn't make him any good... though it sure as hell means he's going to get hit with some nasty tackles.

I'd rather be remembered as "the guy that no one could stop without fouling" than "the poseur who thinks he's Platini." Apparently, certain people here would rather be remembered as the poseur...

Incidentally, I've always believed that the most intimidating goal celebration is... none at all. My usual goal celebration is a simple fist pump, nothing more... if I celebrate at all. I probably don't celebrate at least half of my goals.

2. Jay Clark

Jay Clark New Member

May 21, 2001
    Wrigleyville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Get a little blood coming from your nose and some mud on your shirt the old fashioned way. You can't buy that. You'll get a lot better service from your midfielders, I'll tell you that.

3. chocochuro

chocochuro New Member

Nov 9, 2003
    quito
    Your style usually reflects your personallity on the pitch. I like to emulate players as platini, zidane, aimar.. because they are different, their characteristics are directly proyected in their personality, in their style.

Adopting any style isn't about trying to be someone else that its not futbol's trip. It is about creativity, inspiration....

When i score a goal i celebrate it with bliss, that is the climax of this magnificent sport, that is my trip.

4. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Do you really think the pro's care more about what they look like on the pitch than their skills? They have a job to do and the way they look means nothing. As long as what I'M wearing is functional and won't slow me down or keep me from making a play, I could care less what I look like.

5. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    playing like a player is one thing I don't mind, dressing or doing non functional things in an attempt to look cool is lame

6. Skips3

Skips3 New Member

Nov 1, 2003
    its not about doing non functional things to look cool, the football comes first, and then you style yourself whatever way you feel comfortable and confident playing in.

7. regentwinger

regentwinger New Member

Nov 11, 2003
    Northern Ireland

Keepers are funny. all they do is make my job as a midfielder more fun. so i humiliate your defence, and instead of tucking the ball into an empty net, i humiliate some ass who thinks he's a keeper. as for the 50-50, you wouldn't get near me, let alone touch me. football, for me, is a way of life, and keepers, like you, make my life fun. as for my style, it is how i feel comfortable, and you can't realy pass judgement on that. as for defenders who wear shorts round their necks and hi-tec boots, thats a different story...... (big up to skips3)

8. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong

sooooooooo...maybe you should stop playing in Sunday afternoon kick arounds, what youth team are you playing for? Will I see you playing for Northern Ireland anytime soon?

Football is life for me too, and there's one thing i refuse to do and that's lose. I'd kill myself if i let you walk around me ahahaha, which you wouldn't i'm sure of it.

9. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Unless you are on a Reigon team or something, I really think you're playing against crappy players/keepers.

10. regentwinger

regentwinger New Member

Nov 11, 2003
    Northern Ireland
    mate, it aint no sunday league. it's saturday afternoons for a start. I play for a top amateur league team, who are joint top with a game in hand, have played for irish league under 16 and under 18 teams, (i'm 18) and have played for Northern Ireland A.T.C team. Last year I played for the junior league champions and scored 18 goals on my way to the double. what about you? you actually any good?

11. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    My team won CIS (Canadian Interuniversity Sport, equivalent to NCAA Div 1) Nationals . I'm a backup though

12. regentwinger

regentwinger New Member

Nov 11, 2003
    Northern Ireland
  13. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Look pretty solid

Style of league is a lot of long balls, quite physically and the league is played at a very fast pace. Fitness is important. We play in the Canada West Conference, play each team twice (home/away) we do quite a bit of travelling relative to the eastern teams. We do have to tkae a plane for some games, and 6 hr bus rides.

For litltle money in the way of scholarships, we have a good relationship with our alumni so they help out Internation students when possible. If you can score goals, you should come here hehehe

14. regentwinger

regentwinger New Member

Nov 11, 2003
    Northern Ireland
    I'm considering my options for college next year, and going abroad would be great. A good footy team is neccessary, cos it's all i really want to do. what are the colleges in canada like? it's not somewhere that came to mind immediatley. you got any pictures/links for the league or any canadian football?

15. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Sorry, I had to quote but this makes me laugh! Equivalent to NCAA DI???? Riiiiiight! Everyone knows that Canadiens who are good at sports come to America if they want to play in college...because it is better!

Now on to style:
    Black boots, socks up to just below the knee with cuffs folded decently (not anal about it!), regular size shinguards, mid to lower thigh shorts (not the 70's, but not saggin' either!), short sleeve jersey (no matter how cold it is!) always tucked in. I had a coach who always said that if you look like a clown you play like a clown!

16. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    i should have been more clear, i was never out to say that it was the same level, what i was trying to say was that it is the highest level in Canadian University Sport just like NCAA Div 1 is the highest in the US. Last year our team went down to San Fran and didn't exactly get sh!t-kicked

17. kamarky2

kamarky2 New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    I wear my shin gaurds on the outside of my ankles. They are really little and then just fold the socks on the inside of the gauds.

18. super_gjertsen

super_gjertsen New Member

Nov 22, 2003
    Sandefjord, Norway
    My style

I use white socks although my team's sock colour is red, white shorts(Adidas Diego with red stripes) instead of my team's black, and Adidas Predator Mania Lunar shoes. I am a central midfielder, so this style fits very well.