Football Manager, Worldwide Soccer Manager, or wait 'till CM05?

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by Michael Mejido, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Michael Mejido

May 14, 2000
    Hello all... long time Championship Manager player here... was wondering what the difference between Worldwide Soccer Manager & Football Manager is (if any), and was curious if it would be recommended to buy one of those, or to wait for Eidos's CM5 to come out?

Thanks!

2. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FM/WWSM are closest to the Old CM games. These games are made by Sports Interactive, the people who's research, hard work, and perserverence molded the old CMs.

The new CM5 will be some new concoction by Eidos. The Publisher of the old CMs. Hired some new company for the next game.

3. GeordieInExile

GeordieInExile New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Music City, USAye
    Worldwide Soccer Manager is the same as Football Manager but with the American English language pack.

Go to the url in my profile for more info. :)

4. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    CM5 will probably suck. Buy whatever is cheaper for you WWSM or FM, it's the same thing.

5. Theo

Theo New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    WWSM is a great, great game. i never played the old CM's but i would highly recommend WWSM (just make sure it doesn't completely take over your life, like it has forme).

6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FM/WSM includes MLS and (from what I understand) CM5 won't.

If that's true, then I definitely won't be checking out CM5.

-G

7. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    CM5 is out here in England & it is very poor, the makers have totally messed it up. On the forum of the CM5 website the game has got hammered. I believe the site is down at the moment.
    They tried to add to much detail & neglect other things. The MLS is not on the game.