Football Manager, Part I

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by The Potter, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmartin1966

jmartin1966 Member+

Jun 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Re: Football Manager

I tried to order FM 2005 from Amazon UK but they would not ship it to the U.S. Has anyone purchased the game and had it shipped to the U.S.?

2. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have not but I know there are sites that will ship to the US. I think there is one called Gamespot or something similar. I believe it is mentioned in this thread or another one in this forum. Or try the www.sigames.com site and check there. You can also wait for it to be released in the US.

3. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I've been debating whether or not to order from outside the US or wait until the domestic release date. I think I'll wait. I plan to keep an eye on Sega's WSM site for the next week or so. Sega will post links to retailers eventually.

I am so freakin' looking forward to this game. I'm worn on FIFA, WE, and those other first person games.

4. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for the link to their US Site. I'm excited too. I really hope they games are identical because I got my picture in the game as one of the regenerated players. I want to see it!

5. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sega's site says 11/30/04 release. :) Only a few days!

6. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

It is now Dec. 6th, according to SI.

7. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Was that from a press release? Sega still shows Nov 30, but they could be slow in updating. I couldn't find a release date on SI's site. Neither EB or Amazon have it for preorder at last glance. I'm impatient.

8. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No real surprise that Amazon and EB don't have it for pre-order. I mean, what Americans are going to want a soccer management game, right? I hope this sells well so that retailers will get the drift over here and we can continue to get new versions without ordering from the UK.

9. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I found one site selling the game preorder.

Chumbo.com

10. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oops, here are a few more:
    The official name is World Wide Soccer Manager 2005.

Also pre-ordering at ecost.com

and

dirtcheapsoftware.com

11. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, you rock! :cool: Here's some rep for you.

12. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

It was posted in the GQ forum.

13. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Whether I buy this game or not hinges on this question:

Will MLS teams have MLS players on them or just the National Team guys and the rest of the team filled in with Tom Jones, Bill White, etc.?

What I liked about older versions was that they had the players..hell they had Scott Dombrowski from Milwaukee Rampage on it from the A-league..if its like that again I will for sure buy it...if it is the same as the UK version..forget about it.

14. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I ordered from GoGamer.com several weeks ago and got the game in a couple of days. My son is playing the Crew, and they have all the players -- they even had Danny Szetela and Tony Sanneh at the beginning of the game (last spring in "real" time). I haven't looked to make sure that all the A-League teams have their real players, but it's certainly all the MLS players, not just guys in the nat pool.

After a season and a half, with a $2000 transfer budget, I have MK Dons threatening promotion. Frankie Simek, on loan from Arsenal for 2 seasons now, is a rock.

15. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good to know. I played the Demo and DC United had Freddy Adu and a bunch of guys the world has never heard of so I had to ask to be sure.

As for Simik I loaned him with Reading in the Demo..he is pretty solid.

16. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL

I just bought it on Ebay last night. Within two weeks I will become a hermit again. :)

17. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I stopped by a couple stores this afternoon and they looked at me like I was on crack when I asked for World-Wide Soccer Manager 2005. The stores were part of Hollywood Video and specalized in XBox and Playstation so they didn't sell a lot of PC Games. I'm going to try and pick it up in a store.

18. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My mind is going, Dave. I can feel it. I can feel it.

Just gained promotion to the premiership in my first full season with Nottingham Forest after a season and a half with MK Dons.

19. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Sega USA site now says December 7th, so I should wait until it is released I suppose.

20. Breakwood

Breakwood Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Toronto, Canada

I have football manager and MetroStars have their full roster.

21. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Excellent.

22. deathtrix19

deathtrix19 New Member

Sep 6, 2004

I'm hooked on this game. It rocks! It's me second season with Man United (in my first season I won the treble!) and I'm sitting comfortably above Chelsea at the top of the Premiership. I've also just been appointed England manager, and been blasted after my first friendly because I let John Terry play over 45 minutes. Damn you, Mourinho.

23. phatmann2005

phatmann2005 New Member

Dec 5, 2004

If anyone's interested you can visit my forum which is basically an online football management sim based around fm2005: http://s4.invisionfree.com/managerworld
    (we really need new managers)

Anyway, I've started a game with Barnet (and two national managers- england and scotland) and so far I'm 2nd in the league, but Hereford have run away with it, being 9 points ahead with about 10 games left. Andy Saville (40 year old - on £100 a week) has been a revelation with 23 goals in 42 games and Ian Bishop has also been good, but has had too many injuries. For England I beat Austria away 6-0 with Defoe scoring 4 goals and beat Poland 3-0. I haven't let in a single goal yet and have won every game. With Scotland I beat Slovenia at home 2-0 and drew at home to Norway 2-2, but managed to beat Italy 1-0 away from home after Italy had a player sent off and I got a penalty in the 82nd minute- which Steven Pressley hammered home. I'm top of both my world cup qualifying groups and qualification with both nations is looking very possible, also promotion with Barnet is looking possible too.

24. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

12/7/2004 - Tomorrow is the release date for World Wide Soccer Manager 2005, the US version of FM. I'm trying to find out who will be selling it.

25. soccercptn

soccercptn New Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Plano

I went to the mall today, and checked on it. They were saying it has been delayed until FEBRUARY. No joke.