Football Manager 2003 (EA Sports)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Spoon, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is set to be released in Sept. I haven't heard alot about it yet but if you have played any of the other two it shouldn't be that bad. I like for the simple fact that it gives you lots of choices when it comes to expanding your ground. Something I wish Champ man did more of.

2. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh it also has a 3d match engine so you can watch the game instead of just reading text.

3. Playable Back

Playable Back New Member

Apr 26, 2002
    Hopefully the match engine will offer more realistic and varying play. Sick of seeing 90% of the goals scored tipped by the 'keeper and barely falling into the goal.
    Also hate seeing the players dribble 5 yards away from the goal and NOT shoot the ball....

4. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree is was pretty buggy. The passes back and forth in the midfield is very fustrating as well.

5. DCUnited401

DCUnited401 New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    germantown, md
    what leagues does it have in it? does it have mls?

6. flmls

flmls New Member

I have the version from 99

I loved it, the player ratings made it easier to grasp than CM, IMO. I loved putting money into the stadium and all that, really buggy though in regards to promotions. Never got anymore money to buy players so I had a d2 team playing in the premiership (only reason is becuase i got lucky w/ transfers and loans) and I got smoked in the top flight becuase I still only had like 400,000 to spend on players. Like all EA games they're pretty, if only they could get more into the hardcore gamer stuff.

7. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No MLS, pretty much all of the other leagues though.

8. Preston McMurry

Preston McMurry New Member

Jul 28, 1999
    Earth
    MLS was 'contracted' ...

9. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this is a game that most gamers who play on a console would consider to be for "computer geeks", but I wish they would come out with something like this for the Gamecube or PS2.
    Sometimes it's more fun to play manager than to actually be in control of the team.

10. Diamond Titan

Diamond Titan New Member

Jun 2, 2001
    You just can't find a decent non-CM, non-SAAP game with MLS. ('course, those are the two best!)
    :(

11. DCUnited401

DCUnited401 New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    germantown, md
    what's SAAP?

12. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They do make a consol mangement game. It is call LMA it came out in the UK a while back for the PS2.

Here is the link if you are interested.

13. Diamond Titan

Diamond Titan New Member

Jun 2, 2001
    Sick As A Parrot - SAAP.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/machoward/

I don't know if MLS is in there yet though. US Soccer Manager's my own little creation but that's probably not comparable, though it is still in beta

14. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    On the 17th August SaaP 2003 release 1.0 is out. It includes the MLS with drafts, 2002 season structure etc and the rest of the database is updated to the new 2002/3 European season. keep an eye on the web site www.bigpond.com/machoward/
    and the message board for the release.

On the message board Marc Vaughan (CM development manager) and I are currently involved in a debate about the inclusion of a visual match in the smg. Go over there (to the site and click the message board link) and have your say.

Mac Howard
    author of Sick as a Parrot

15. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan New Member

Nov 27, 2000
    "Marc Vaughan (CM development manager) "
    Oi - less of that Mac, I've just about given up with holding onto the title of 'lead programmer/designer' now that we've got multiple projects in house (having adopted the EHM Hockey management sim into SI) .... but me a 'manager', never ..... that implies I'd wear a suit ;)

16. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    Who needs a suit when you've got your own jet? ;)

17. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The EA Football Manager's are good for a few days of play but after that it just gets old. 2003 will have to be a large improvement from 2002 to get my dollars. The graphical representation is awful. I'm looking forward to the CM 2d match engine though. You know it will be good.