football manager 07

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by thebigman, Oct 19, 2006.

1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol just broke my game box and nearly snapped the disc

most frustrating, unrealistic over rated game i have ever had the misfortune of buying

seriously, ludicrous results, impossible to judge tactics on a consistant basis

id advise u not to purchase if u get physical when your angry

that is all

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Too difficult for you? :rolleyes:

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't get the rights to certain teams within leagues.

Anyone know where I could get say an update for Juve so it shows their correct shield and uni's?

4. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    As much as it pains me to say it, I have to agree with him to a point.

The last fun FM was FM05, 06 and 07 have been well...not fun. I can't put my finger on it but part of it is down to the fact that you do get some outragous results and somethings just don't make sense. You can have your team perfectly set up with "good" players in all positions and then go get pwned by some Polish minows. I say "good" because sometimes the ratings of players mean bugger all.

The worst worst worst worst part of the last two FM's has to be the training. It's terrible, no make that the worst thing in the history of man. Hitler made this training system. FM05's traning system was perfect, I wouldn't change a thing about it but they go and make it "easier less techincal" in FM06/07. Now half my players are knackered by Christmas and even with 8 weeks off over the summer still can only play 2 games before needing a rest. I have no idea how to stop this and that is the reason FM06 was sold on ebay 5 months ago.

They have sucked everything that made the Championship Manager games so addictive and fun out of it and left an empty shell of stats and infuriating problems.

5. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    It all went downhill when they put in the 2D matches. 01-02 is still my favorite. It's funny though, every year when they announce the new features there are tons of things that sound absolutely wonderful, and in most cases they are, but somehow the game gets less and less fun even with all the additions. It's not that there's too much going on, that's what's so great about a management sim, just somehow it's not the sum of its parts. I still get it every year, it's a good game, just not what I'd have hoped.

6. Milos

Milos Member+

Sep 6, 2003
    Iacon
    Club:
    Coventry City FC
    I have been thinking about getting this game but after reading your comments I am feeling a little bit put off. Football manager or Championship manager? that is the question.

7. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    I haven't lost yet. Pulled a draw out of the fire against Wigan with 10-men, but nothing crazy has happened.

8. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    [​IMG]

Chelsea next and four fit defenders. I'm gonna get mauled!

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    There is no question. CM is utter shite.

10. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    Gael Clichy is so good on here that I have to touch myself when he plays.

11. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
  12. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    i still use Championship manager 01/02, this is the best game ever... the last one i tried was CM 4 then after that the two companies split and now FM series have taken over.

if i were to get a FM series which one would you recommend ?

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ended up snapping the disc recently

won the league easily but certain bogey teams would ALWAYS beat me whatever situation/form/team i piut out so i got angry and snapped it

not missing it at all, very shallow and boring/frustrating game with no sense of acheivmant