Football in Iran

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Radu Razvan, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    What do you think about Hasegawa by the way ?

AKITOD repped this.
  2. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not know anything about him. According to some Japanese fans in Big-soccer, "He is an okay players". On the other hand, some Japanese in Big-soccer said, "He is Shit". I do not know which one is more correct???

He may be a good player in the level of J league but I do not want a player who can never make it to the final roster of Japan. If it was Germany or Netherlands it could have been different story but not any Asian team even Japan. Note that Zac did not invite him even for East Asian games where Japan sent its B squad there. That is all I think about him.

Zandi360 repped this.
  3. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #78 Zandi360, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    TBH the Federation/Queiroz themselves only payed attention to him for a short period of time a while ago as we could see it in the media, but after few weeks it went away once IFF saw how complicated the process was to acquire him (Jap nationality problems ect...). No one really talks about this player anymore at least in the medias, only in forums :)

You're making it sound like he was playing in 2nd Romanian league or something. The Championship is one of the toughest and most competitive leagues in the world, without of course having to say that it's the most physical one out there. IMO if I was neutral, Okazaki would have not made it there either.

That being said Im sure that Okazaki is a better player than Ghoochannejhad, club level at least. But to me, the player's international performance is more important. If for example a player plays for Real Madrid and performs like sh*t for the country, it's not worth it. So if I had to choose a striker to play for Iran between Okazaki and Ghoochannejhad, I would choose the latter.

4. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Never. That is not true. Ansarifard who was the league's top scorer has more than twice the caps of Gucci but scored less :ROFLMAO:(44 caps!!). We may have better players in other positions that are not being scouted correctly, but certainly not strikers. Surely Azmoun will be our best striker by far in 2-3 years, or maybe even Ansarifard in the future now that he is in Europe, but for now we have no better option. No strikers in Iran could have had a 11goal in 17 international games ratio, none.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Okazaki has nearly 40 goals for Japan and was the World's Top Scorer in 2009 with 15 goals (that is to say more than Reza in his entire Iran career). So hum.

6. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    #81 griffindinho_au, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    I look forward to seeing Sardar Azmoun more for Iran in the coming years. Seen some of his matches for Rubin this season so far (mostly coming on as a sub).

KiarashM and Zandi360 repped this.
  7. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Big words, but no argument for me. Reza didn't even play 40 matches so we can't compare. With this logic Nekounam, as a defensive midfielder, scored as much goals for Iran than Okazaki, striker, for Japan. But that's not how it works.
    Goal ratio is the most appropriate way to measure that, and Reza scores 0.64 goals per match, and Okazaki 0.49. As I said Okazaki is a great striker but Reza performs more for Iran than Okazaki for Japan (even though it's close).

8. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran played Estoril and Benfica in friendly matches this recent weeks, and Sardar scored against both of them :D

9. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeah, he's one of most talented youngsters in the world atm. Should move to a big European club quite soon. But yeah, imo he should stay and develop at Rubin for the next few years or move to a Bundesliga club :D

Zandi360 repped this.
  10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    If you're so much into small samples (because Reza's career is one), Okazaki scored 15 goals in 16 games in 2009. Scored in 2 different World Cups, in the Asian cup, in the Confederations Cup ... there is absolutely no comparison between those two.

AKITOD, Radu Razvan and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  11. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeah. I heard after the Iranian Revolution football was somewhat neglected and cast aside.

12. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Reza had 9 goals in 11 matches few months ago. He has a WC goal as well. He started playing for Iran only late in 2012. There can perfectly be a comparison mate. Don't make it sound like Okazaki is Neymar.

13. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG, Ansarifard is one of my least favorite forwards. In one sentence, I hate his playing style. No talking about this player. I believe there are many talent soccer players in Iran like volleybal, futsal, basketball, wrestling, etc but no talent scout. Our clubs do not have youth teams except 3 or 4 of them. Most of youth players are there because of bribe and money not talent. These were what I mentioned not Ansarifard who I hate his playing style.

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    He's not Neymar but he's no Reza neither ;) .

Radu Razvan repped this.
  15. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Let's agree to disagree then ;) it's your opinion. I rather have Reza starting in my team than Okazaki if I had the choice without saying he's not a great player, he definitely is. On the other hand I would take let's say Nagatomo for example over any available left back we have, or Kagawa over Masoud any day. It's my opinion.

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    new thread. You can discuss this if you want, as long as it stays civil. If it doesn't, then it's locked

KiarashM, Samurai Warrior and Keren repped this.
  17. gamban98

gamban98 Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    But Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs are interested in Okazaki who isn't enough to succeed in the Championship......
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-Tottenham-Transfer-Japan-Stars-Update-Latest

I've just wikied his page and all of his international goals were against non-European/S. American sides barring the goal vs Bosnia. I've checked Nekounam too. He has 37 goals for Iran but he scored only once against non-European/S. Americans.

Okazaki scored many times against European/S. American opponents.
    Italy
    Belgium x2
    Denmark
    Finland x2
    Latvia x2
    Argentina
    Colombia
    Chile x2
    Total x12

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  18. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i cant believe iam hearing an argument on gucci vs okazaki. gucci is a good player but not even on the same planet as shinji

KiarashM, Samurai Warrior and AKITOD repped this.
  19. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Indeed. Although the proper way to articulate that is to say Shinji isn't on the same planet as Gucci. No one is. I was furious about Gucci even getting an invitation to TM. He was just a random guy from the dutch league with a saddeningly mediocre stats. However, something happens when he puts on the TM jersey and plays for Iran. Not sure whether its nationalism, pride or simply having the opportunity to play in a better team than he's used to, but whatever it is, it works.

Anyhow, Asian Cup is just around the corner and we can actually see how effectively each of these two individuals will serve their nations.

20. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    All the evidence suggests Okazaki's a better player.

Okay, on another topic. This Asian Cup I REALLY want to see Iran vs. Australia in the semis.

KiarashM repped this.
  21. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Okazaki is probably a better player but it is not fair to put so much emphasis on club performance. Okazaki plays in mainz which has a much better supporting cast then Reza had in Charlton. Since Okazaki is a striker he will obviously benefit with more talented players giving him better crosses and passes. If you put okazaki in Charlton I doubt you would see the same results as he is getting in the bundesliga. Also if you put Reza in mainz he would most likely score a good amount of goals. Also the fact the okazaki has scored against more european teams doesnt necessarily mean he's better, Japan has just played against better teams because of either political reasons or international competition. Iran has only played a few good non asian teams in the past few years and reza has only been part of Iran for about 2 years and 17 games.

22. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Reza has a better ratio than Klose.

24. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Me too. Iran vs Australia games usually turn out to be pretty epic. Although, it'd be kind of anticlimactic if they meet in the semis. Would prefer the match up at the final to be honest.

If Australia wins their group then it'd be Iran vs Australia in the semis if Korea wins it then It'd be Iran vs. Korea - and if the past 20 years is of any indication, the latter scenario has a grossly high propensity of actually occurring.

In any case, I have a good feeling about this Asian Cup. Feels like a home coming. ;D

25. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Can't see Australia topping the group with the way we've been playing lately...being the home nation might be in our advantage, but even that I can't see us troubling the other top Asian countries.

Tim Cahill is the only way we can score lol.