Follow up on a study about Israeli influence on US foreign policy

Discussion in 'International News' started by Century's Best, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I realize these are your reasons. They're still wrong.

Once again, your insistence that Bush is about nothing but money is inconsistent with facts. The ideological underpinnings of the current foreign policy initiative are far from universally money related.
    Human beings are not one dimensional characters. They have more than one motivation. To suggest that Bush

So are you suggesting that the Christians have no say in this government? If so, are you suggesting the evangelicals are part of the oil companies and lobbyists?

That's neither pilfering nor pillaging. What you're saying is that they've used the Iraq war to make money. I've never said this wasn't a consideration. But the Carlyle Group (for whom I've done some indirect work) and these other institutions are owned mostly by non-neocons. "Neocons" are people like Wolfowitz and other right wing intellectualls. They're not the heavy economic hitters you seem to think they are.

There are no indications we're keeping long term bases there.

So now its not about the money then? Now its about ideology? A ha. And if you teach them not to do things to the US, its not Israel that's primary, is it?

The Democrats couldn't steam roll a bowl of pudding. They're incompetent and incoherent. And most of Bush's political capital came from Iraq. Afghanistan had too few troops and too little real war. Iraq however, had the full pageantry, the full propaganda, the full WAR. Remember, he was re-elected despite it and for two years, until the cost of the Iraq war became too high, he could do no wrong.

There are no Illuminati, Elders of Zion, or all powerful military-industrial complexes. There are significant differences between Republicans and Democrats.

2. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nice way to start a post jack ass.

Nowhere did I imply that there was one reason. In fact I listed my top 3.

No. Sure.

Here we go again with the "I'm right" BS. Yes they made a crapload. We've spent $250 billion and there is no sign of it slowing down. At least 20% has been pilfered. Thats not counting the money that was there before we got there. If you're not inclined to research this, thats not my problem.

Granted. But even W and Rummy just said they had no exit date. The only way we'll find out is by talking a look around 10 years from now. But my bet is that we are there to stay.

Israel is one of the reasons. There is a strong Israeli lobby within the US govt, Wolfowitz for example. No its not all about money, but when you boil down all the reasons for basically any action, 99% of the time it's about money/power.

Yeah, the Dems suck. But they Reeps are running scared right now with good reason. I call BS on the political capital coming from Iraq, it came from 9/11. He was reelected because of the brilliance of Karl Rove and gay marriage being on the ballot. Bush's core is still very intact, but he has lost the swing voters. When Ohio goes blue in November you can cry in your pudding.

I never said there was and I never said there wasn't. One thing for sure, I'm not taking your word for it. Or is it your opinion?

3. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Can we please stop derailing and focus on the topic; it's so much more enlightening and I am still hoping that people to continue on the main issues:

1) The neocons initiated a war doctrine with clear view of protecting Israel's interest, although, if the plan had worked out, perhaps it would have secured American material interest as well, but doubtful about protecting the American Integrity, even though it was already stained to some extent.
    2) In support of the foreign nation, make clear errors in protecting Americans and their collective interest-- again for the interest of the foreign nation!!!

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    The study claimed that the Israeli Lobby actively accuses anybody who criticizes Israel of hating Jews. well, that's what's been happening since it was published (in addition to attacks on the scholarship of the two authors... LOL)

5. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Which is total bullsh!t considering there are at least 3 or 4 people who hate Israel, but aren't anti-Semitic.

6. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    "anybody who criticizes Israel" is not = "people who hate Israel"

"anybody who criticizes USA" is not = "people who hate USA"

"anybody who criticizes Ben" is not = "people who hate Ben"

7. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Century's Best = "people who hate Israel"

8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    but he's probably not an anti-semite.

as Dr. Evil so eloquently put, "riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight."

9. yzf_bloodhound

Aug 2, 2004
    I didn't read all the other posts but I agree with this one...

10. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    thanks

Now to answer:
    I heard that 2 of the have Burger Kings and one of them has a car dealer. I heard that on NPR.

The Quaker Lobby
    Mother Jones
    The Chicago Tribune (archived)

11. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    You and yasik are proving the study right. . . . label anyone who criticizes Israel as an anti-semite.

Ha ha. :D

12. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Weak. Just like your "fcuk you"s.

And as I said, the study did state that anyone who is critical of Israeli policy is accused of hating Jews. Dirty, but effective. Which is why the two authors themselves were accused of hating Jews.

:D

13. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    More than $590mm is being spent on the embassy alone. It's going to be an American enclave whose utilities won't be linked to Baghdad's, and the total area will be more than half of the area of Washington DC's National Mall.

14. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Click on this fun game for all the Zionists out there.

View attachment 1862

(And yes, I know this is wrong and it will require me to go to confession)

15. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    you see, the things is, you are not like most people who criticize Israel.

16. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Really. please point out where they have done this. And i want you to find every criticism of Israel on this board and then show me where they labeled the person an anti-semite. Go ahead..You'll see the group picture of those labeled anti-semites by them is quite small, but you are right there in the middle.

17. VanDijk

VanDijk New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Ludwigshafen,Germany
  18. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Another ad hominem. yawn.

What yours (and the responses of others here) have amply demonstrated is what the study stated all along. Criticisms of Israel ALWAYS bring about furious and relentless accusations of hating Jews. Thanks for proving the study's authors (and me as well) right. :D

19. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In any event, has anyone yet done a study on WHAT A FREAKIN' NUTJOB THE IRANIAN PRESIDENT IS?

20. nazzo

nazzo Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  21. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Yes, yes, YES already.
    We are Jews.
    We control everything.
    We have the world's superpowers dance to our tunes.
    We have women with the shrillest voices.
    You will all line up to suck our c0cks.
    Actually, you already are.
    Because we are Jews.
    And we won't rest until we conquer all.

Jealous, I bet.

But, hey, consider this. This god you are worshipping. He is a Jew too.

22. nazzo

nazzo Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You guys gave Jessica Alba Dandruff. :mad:

23. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999